Chinese Government Scholarship AUN-Program is for students, teachers and researchers form ASEAN University Network (AUN) countries to study for free in China. The program aims to increase mutual cooperation and understanding between the ASEAN nations and the People’s Republic of China, particularly through enhanced educational bonds by means of sponsoring the studies of students and scholars from ASEAN nations.
The Government of the People’s Republic of China has set up several scholarship programs in order to encourage students from foreign countries to study in China. These Chinese Scholarship programs are governed by the China Scholarship Council (CSC) and the CSC is in charge of the enrollment process of all scholarships.
Supporting Programs by Chinese Government Scholarship AUN:
The Chinese government scholarship – AUN program is a full scholarship program that only sponsors the education of students from ASEAN nations holding a graduate or higher degree.
[box type=”info” align=”” class=”” width=””]CSC Scholarship Related Topics[/box]
- Which Chinese government scholarships are currently open?
- Can you apply for CSC Scholarship in more than one University?
- Research proposal for CSC Scholarship samples
- Where is the list of Chinese Universities offering CSC Scholarship?
- Where can i find the Chinese Universities without application fee for CSC Scholarship?
- Sample of Email to send to professors for an acceptance letter
- How to book an appointment for Chinese Student VISA?
- Shopping List for Students and Foreign Travellers
[tie_index]Duration of Chinese Government Scholarship AUN program[/tie_index]
Duration of Chinese Government Scholarship AUN program
The Chinese government scholarship – AUN program sponsors a student studying for his/her Master’s degree for a maximum of three academic years and a student studying for his/her Doctorate for a maximum of four academic years.
[tie_index]Chinese Government Scholarship AUN program Scholarship Coverage[/tie_index]
Chinese Government Scholarship AUN program Scholarship Coverage
The Chinese government scholarship – AUN program is a fully funded Chinese scholarship. This means that a scholarship holder will enjoy a complete waiver of tuition fees. Besides, accommodation charges will either be waived or subsidized. If accommodation is provided within the host university campus, free dormitory accommodation will be provided while if a scholarship student is accommodated off campus then he/she will receive a subsidy on the rent for the accommodation. The full scholarship holder will also receive a monthly stipend and be comprehensively covered under a medical insurance scheme for the duration of the scholarship.
[tie_index]Where & When to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship AUN program?[/tie_index]
Where & When to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship AUN program?
An aspirant to the Chinese government scholarship – AUN program has to submit his/her application to the AUN Secretariat. The process of acceptance of applications to the Chinese government scholarship – AUN program starts somewhere at the beginning of January and continues until the beginning of April. The exact dates for each year can be obtained from the AUN Secretariat.
[tie_index]Chinese Government Scholarship AUN program Eligibility[/tie_index]
Chinese Government Scholarship AUN program Eligibility
The following stipulations have to be met in order for a student to be eligible to receive a scholarship under the Chinese government scholarship – AUN program:
- An applicant has to possess citizenship to one of the ASEAN nations, viz., Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, Cambodia, Philippines, Laos, Vietnam, Myanmar, and Thailand.
- The applicant has to prove that he/she is in good health.
- Age requirements: For Master’s programs – below 35 years of age;
For Doctorate programs – below 40 years of age.
- Educational requirements: For Master’s programs an applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree and for the Doctorate programs an applicant must hold a Master’s degree.
[tie_index]Chinese Government Scholarship AUN program Application Process[/tie_index]
Chinese Government Scholarship AUN program Application Process
A student intending to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship AUN program can proceed in the following manner to apply for the same.
- Submit an application at the AUN Secretariat requesting an opportunity to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship. Only applicants recommended by the AUN Secretariat will be considered for this Chinese scholarship. Applications sent directly to the CSC or any other forms of application will not be considered.
- Once the dispatch authorities in the home country approve a student’s eligibility for the Chinese scholarship program, he/she should submit an application to the Chinese University where he/she wants to pursue a course of study to obtain the Pre-admission Letter. The Pre-admission Letter is not a compulsory requirement. Candidates securing the scholarship and holding the Pre-admission Letter of a particular university will be placed in the same university while those successful candidates who have not obtained the Pre-admission Letter will have to accept the university placement provided to them by the CSC.
- Fill up the Chinese Government Scholarship online application form completely and submit it. Also, print out a hard copy of the same. For the instructions on how to fill up the form and for the Agency Number a student can contact the AUN .
- Before the deadline approaches, submit all the necessary documents at the AUN Secretariat of the home country.
[tie_index]Chinese Government Scholarship AUN program Application Documents Requirement[/tie_index]
Chinese Government Scholarship AUN program Application Documents Requirement
The documents that accompany a student’s application for the Chinese Government Scholarship AUN Program have to be submitted in duplicate. All documents have to be fastened together in the order mentioned below. Two sets of documents have to be submitted. No document will be returned once submitted.
- A hard copy of the Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form that was submitted online in Chinese/English only.
- A notarized copy of the highest educational qualification certificate held by the applicant. Students yet to receive their certificates/degrees/diplomas should submit an official letter from the educational institution that he/she is enrolled in stating his/her current status as a student and the probable graduation date. Documents that are provided in languages other than English or Chinese have to be accompanied by a notarized Chinese or English translation.
- All relevant academic records. Records that are neither in Chinese or English have to be accompanied by a notarized translation in Chinese or English.
- A document of at least 800 words containing the study schedule or research plan that a student would undertake once enrolled written in either English or Chinese. A guide to writing a Study plan for CSC Scholarship is highly recommended.
- Students wishing to apply to the graduate or post-graduate programs have to submit Two Letters of Recommendation written either in Chinese or English signed either by a professor or by an associate professor.
- A Physical Exam Form for Foreigners has to be filled in by a physician after examining the applicant in the home country. All examinations listed out in the form have to be conducted and the results duly filled in the form by the physician in attendance. Forms found incomplete, without the signature of the physician in attendance, without the hospital’s official stamp, or without a stamped photograph of the applicant will be invalid. Aspirants should plan the schedule of their physical exam bearing in mind that the filled in form has a validity period of six months only.
- A copy of the Pre-admission Letter if an applicant has received it from his/her University.
- A valid copy of the HSK Certificate if the applicant is in possession of it.
- TOEFL or IELTS or English Proficiency Certificate
[tie_index]Chinese Government Scholarship AUN program Results and confirmation[/tie_index]
Chinese Government Scholarship AUN program Results and confirmation
The applications of the candidates recommended by the AUN Secretariat to the China Scholarship Council (CSC) are processed in the following manner before the scholarship beneficiaries’ names are declared.
- The applications received by the China Scholarship Council (CSC) are firstly scrutinized to ensure that the applicants are eligible and suitably qualified to receive the scholarship. Incomplete applications and applications not meeting the eligibility criteria will be rejected.
- Applications passing scrutiny will then be considered for placements at different universities by the China Scholarship Council (CSC). The CSC reserves the right to change an applicant’s host university, course of study, period of the scholarship, and supported categories on the basis of factors such as the varied scholarship requirements of different countries, the capacity of the host university, the duration of the course of study, the criteria of the applicant, and so on.
- Once an applicant’s placement has been confirmed at a particular Chinese university, he/she will receive the China Scholarship Council (CSC)’s approval to receive the Chinese Government Scholarship. An applicant will only be entitled to receive one scholarship at a time.
- Once the scholarships have been awarded, the China Scholarship Council (CSC) will assess placements, approve a List of Scholarship Recipients and dispatch the necessary documents for a candidate to be admitted to a course of study to the AUN This process is usually completed before the 31st of July every year. The necessary documents for admission include the List of Scholarship Recipients and a Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201). These will be dispatched to the successful candidates by the AUN Secretariat.
- Beneficiaries of the scholarship cannot, on their arrival in China to attend classes, request for a change in their course of study, host university, or period of study as stipulated in their Letters of Admission.
- If the beneficiary of the scholarship cannot register to receive the scholarship before the deadline for registration expires, the scholarship will not be reserved for him/her.