Are your exams knocking on the door? Do you have valuable lessons to learn? Then you would need to concentrate on your studies in a proper manner. All the essential chapters and experiences which you need to learn must be read carefully so that you do not remember the important portions of the lessons and chapters which are present in your syllabus.
Studying with concentration is more productive and useful for everyone. But many students are unable to concentrate the right way and face difficulties in completing their syllabus. Are you facing the problem of not being able to concentrate? Do not worry because we are going to discuss some amazing steps which will help you to increase your concentration before the exams arrive shortly in the coming days.
Even when you are applying for admissions or scholarships after the exams, the concentration levels needs to be uplifted to avoid missing the submission of required documents. The Russian Scholarships, CSC Scholarships, Turkey Scholarships, and USA Scholarships have quite tough application procedures in which candidates need to pay extra care while submitting the application.
Study in a Peaceful Environment– you must study in a place which is free from any distractions. It must be devoid of things which would otherwise grab your attention and divert your mind from the book. For example a loud television, children playing, music, etc. All of these can cause your mind and yourself to pay attention to them instead of concentrating on your studies. Hence, you will find it difficult to study and complete your tasks. Study in a room or place which is away from all these distractions and is peaceful.
1. Avoid Other Activities- when you sit down to study, you must not engage yourself in any other activities. Many children tend to do different activities which divert their mind and therefore hamper their concentration. A most significant example is the use of a mobile phone while studying. If you have a mobile, turn it off and keep it away from the study desk or else you will find difficult to concentrate on your studies. When you are studying the only thing which you must do is to study.
2. Stop Thinking About Other Thoughts- our mind is full of different kinds of thoughts which have been acquired from separate incidents which are happening around us. But when you are studying you must not think about any other ideas or issues. Think about planning a movie, playing a game, chatting with your friends after you have finished your studies. Continually thinking about such things will break your concentration and you will find it very difficult to complete your important tasks. It might be difficult at first, but after some time you will be easily able to do it without any hassles.
3. Prioritize Your Tasks- we have a lot of lessons and chapters to complete before the examinations. But some of them are more important than the others, or there are some tasks which need to be done later and some beforehand. So, you must prioritize your tasks effectively according to their importance. For example, if you have a mathematics exam coming up the next day, do not indulge in studying some other subjects but only mathematics. Therefore, you will be able to concentrate better and complete your tasks efficiently. You can also make a schedule and study accordingly.
4. Avoid Studying for Long Hours- you might be studying hard before the exams for long hours. But that is a big mistake you are doing. You must understand that your body and mind needs to be relaxed or refreshed so that all that you have studied can be processed. Studying for long hours will put too much stress on your mind and also on the physical stature of your body. Take short breaks of 15-20 minutes after studying for every 2 hours. Hence, you can easily keep your mind refreshed and you will not get bored which seriously increases your concentration.
5. Get Enough Sleep- you might be wondering why we have included this point and instead of telling you to study we are suggesting to get sleep. Well, this is because your brain needs rest to increase your mental metabolism and help you to concentrate even better. The brain requires rest and sleep so that it can perform the best way possible and remember all the information you memorized. So never skip a good night’s sleep or at least sleep for 4-5 hours before the examination, for resting your brain and also your body.
If you have read the article until this point, you now know the fantastic steps which you can follow to increase your concentration levels before your examination. When you are studying, concentration is probably the most crucial element that will help you to become more productive and successful in learning important lessons and complete tasks in time. Never indulge in activities which will break your concentration. Therefore, we hope these steps will help you score good marks in your examination by concentrating in a better manner.