The Regional Center Ranchi (RCR) is one of the nine centers that are set up by the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) in Ranchi, Jharkhand and it has been created for the sole purpose of helping preserve, conserve, study and disseminate the knowledge of rich cultural heritage of tribes that live in India. The reason why we are talking about the Regional Center Ranchi (RCR) today is because under the Dissemination of Knowledge Programme, the IGNA-RCA is introducing a one-year academic program called “Post Graduate Diploma in Tribal Arts and Crafts”.
This is a course that focuses on studying and learning more about indigenous knowledge of socio-religious, ecological, traditional customs, crafts, economic and all other forms of art. Furthermore, the course is controlled by IGNCA’s headquarters which is located in New Delhi and it will be conducted in partnership with Ranchi University from Ranchi.
Furthermore, the diploma offered by the course is going to be jointly approved by the Indira Gandhi National Center for the Arts (IGNCA) and Regional Center Ranchi (RCR). In addition, the course will consist of two semesters with each one of them lasting six months. Students will need to make four papers which contain 3 theoretical papers and one practical paper each semester.
Post Graduate Diploma in Tribal Arts & Crafts 2019: Benefits
- Students will get acquainted with rich tribal art crafts and cultural heritage of India.
- The course module has been tailored with the aim to inculcate indigenous knowledge of socio-religious, economic, ecological, traditional customs, crafts and various art forms which will be manifested through teaching coupled up with training and demonstration programme in order to make students self-employed in their socio-cultural milieu.
Post Graduate Diploma in Tribal Arts & Crafts 2019: Criteria
- The candidates the admission in the Post Graduate Diploma course should have a minimum of 45% marks in graduate level degree from a recognized institution/ University of India or abroad.
- Maximum age limit for joining the course is 40 years
- Available Regions: Open for all.
Deadline and Official Website
The deadline for the Post Graduate Diploma in Tribal Arts & Crafts 2019 offered by RCR and IGNCA is July 31st, 2019. Time is running out and we are advising all interested reader to CLICK HERE and access the official website where they can fill in the online application form.