Writing an academic resume is one of the most important skills that a young student can learn. Being able to write a great looking academic resume is not only going to help you get a scholarship and stand out from all the other applicants, but it’s also going to help you get a job in the future. With that being said, today we are going to check out some great academic resume examples, templates and useful guidelines that you can follow in order to create an outstanding paper.
The first thing that you need to do when starting to write an academic resume or a CV is to make sure to include all the necessary information that the person who is in charge of awarding scholarships or jobs will see everything that he or she needs. Here is all the necessary information that an academic resume needs to have:
- Contacts (email address and phone numbers)
- Date of birth
- Education achievements
- Extracurricular activities and hobbies
- Internships or job experience if any
- Computer skills
- Marks scored in school among other relevant things
Guidelines to Follow
- Be Honest
The best advice that we can give everyone for when they set out to write an academic resume or a CV is to try and be honest. No one likes liars and if you try and lie about your achievements and this comes to light, then you are never going to get the scholarship or the job that you want.
- Proofreading is Key
You should think of your academic resume as your own way to market yourself and you wouldn’t want to have mistakes in your academic resume, right? This is why proofreading is key to creating a great academic resume. The simplest and fastest way to make sure that there aren’t any mistakes in your writing is to ask a friend or a parent to read out your academic resume because they will have an easier time spotting mistakes.
123 College Street
State College, PA 12345
Developing creative ad campaigns that meet clients’ goals
People person experienced at selling advertising and working on all aspects of successful campaigns.
ABC COMMUNICATIONS, New York, NY
SUMMER INTERN (June 2018—August 2018)
Partnered with design intern to create and execute two sell sheets, one print ad, and one postcard. Wrote radio script submitted with campaign proposal and assisted in other writing assignments.
- Awarded Best Campaign of competing teams.
123 COFFEE SHOP, State College, Pa.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR/BARISTA (May 2016—Present)
Train new employees, open and close store, handle sales, build positive customer relationships, design promotional fliers for company events, and help maintain store webpage.
XYZ RESTAURANT, Washington, D.C.
SERVER/HOSTESS/EXPEDITER/BUSSER (May 2014—August 2015)
Provided prompt service for more than 75 customers per shift.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
STATE UNIVERSITY, State College, Pa.
Bachelor of Arts in Advertising; Minor: Spanish; GPA: 3.35, anticipated in May 2019
- Dean’s List: Fall 2017, Spring 2018
- Awarded Best Advertising Campaign Proposal for Health Committee, State University, Spring 2017
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Information Technology Skills:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- ADP / Workforce Now
8907 Greentree Avenue
Louisville, KY 40201
email@example.com (000) 123-4567 (cell)
Highly analytical and detail-oriented emerging professional, poised to excel within entry-level Accounting role requiring strong mathematical and organizational acumen.
- Accounting: Well-studied in financial and managerial accounting, tax preparation, variance analysis, and FASB / GAAP best practices.
- Information Technology: Adept in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel macros), QuickBooks, Turbo Tax, NetSuite, and Concur.
- Communications: Communicate well both orally and in writing, effectively explaining complicated financial data to clients and stakeholders.
- Key Strengths: Work well both independently and as a dedicated team member. Natural and proactive problem-solver, diligently reviewing work products to identify and eliminate errors.
BSBA in Accountancy (May 2018); 3.79 GPA UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE, Louisville, KY
Dean’s List; Phi Eta Sigma Honors Society; Agnes Avery Accounting Scholarship; Accounting Society Secretary
UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE, Louisville, KY
Student ~ Accountancy, 09/2014-06/2018
Completed comprehensive studies in Accountancy. Completed coursework included: Advanced Accounting Problems, Advanced Managerial Cost Accounting, Auditing Theory and Practice, Advanced Taxation, and Advanced Accounting Information Systems. Accounting co-op experiences:
- Bardstown Physicians Associates (Spring 2016): Performed accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger accounting for physicians’ business office.
- German Manufacturing (Spring 2017): Honed expertise in payroll accounting for a 700-member workforce.
- Stengel Enterprises (Winter 2018): Helped senior accountant and CPA to compile financial and tax records during IRS audit.
OFFICE SUPPLIES CO., Louisville, KY
Seasonal Retail Sales Consultant, Summers 2016 and 2017
Provided attentive customer service to patrons of high-volume office supply store. Helped customers with product selection, stocked shelves, and operated point-of-sale system.
- Earned “Most Valued Associate” two summers in a row.
- Rehired by management in recognition of punctuality, attention to detail, and excellent work ethic.