The University of Adelaide is one of the most renowned academic establishments in Australia and its Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) program is looking to attract outstanding postgraduate students from the overseas in order to study at the University of Adelaide and to help the research effort. The number of scholarships is limited and the only ones who can access them are international students. Therefore, Australian residents are not allowed to apply for these scholarships.
We also want to mention that the level and field of study that is targeted by the Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) is any masters degree by research or doctoral research degree which is offered by the University of Adelaide, Australia. With that said, let’s go ahead and check out what are the benefits that these scholarships have to offer.
Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) Benefits:
- All tuition fees are covered by the scholarship;
- Successful applicants will receive an annual living allowance ($24,082 in 2018) and also health cover to international students who hold a subclass 500 visa.
Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) Criteria:
Now that we have seen which are the benefits of winning a scholarship at the University of Adelaide, let’s see which are the criteria that international students must meet in order to be eligible.
- In order to be eligible, applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year). All qualifying programs of study must be successfully completed. Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the scholarship closing date, or who have completed a Pre-Enrolment English Program to meet the entry requirements for the intended program of study, are not eligible.
- Candidates are required to enrol in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrolment in the University. Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
Application Instructions and Deadline
The first thing that interested international students need to do is to CLICK HERE and access the official website of Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) and then to submit a formal application for “Admission” and a “Scholarships” via the online application system. We should mention that there is no application fee and the deadline is 31 August.