The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is doing lots of good in the world by donating hundreds of millions of dollars to nonprofit organizations.
Not just that, but the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is also providing a scholarship programme at Cambridge which is one of the world’s most prestigious universities.
The Bill and Melinda Cambridge Scholarship programme was started back in October 200 with a donation of $210 million from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. This is the largest ever single donation that a university from the United Kingdom has received.
Nonetheless, the Bill and Melinda Cambridge Scholarship is awarded to outstanding students who live in other countries than in the UK.
The students who are interested in applying for this scholarship at Cambridge need to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject that is available at the University of Cambridge.
In addition, the Bill and Melinda Cambridge Scholarship is offering 80 full-cost scholarships to applicants the 2020 academic year.
Bill and Melinda Cambridge Scholarship 2020: Benefits
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate*
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£14,900 for 12 months at the 2017-18 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months)
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic development funding – from £500 to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child (2016-17 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your Ph.D. (the Trust does not fund other field work costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
Bill and Melinda Cambridge Scholarship 2020: Criteria
- outstanding intellectual ability
- reasons for choice of course
- a commitment to improving the lives of others
- leadership potential
- A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- Ph.D. (three-year research-only degree)
- MSc or MLitt (two-year research-only degree)
- One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- Eligible Regions: Open for all regions outside of the United Kingdom.
Deadline and Official Letter
If you are interested in applying for the Bill and Melinda Cambridge Scholarship programme in 2020, then we are advising you to hurry up because the deadline is October 9, 2020.
In addition, everyone who wants to apply for one of the scholarships offered by this programme should CLICK HERE and visit the official website for additional information.