All international students are advised to read this valuable source of preparatory instruction guide prior commencing GRE test preparation.
Mathematics Portion of GRE Testing Section
- Open Barrons_New_GRE_19th_ed and read math review section in it. Highlight the review which are new to you or which you don’t remind.
- Open ETS_gre_math_conventions and read conventions carefully. Highlight conventions which are new to you or which you don’t remind.
- Open ETS 1st edition and read it from 1st page to last, it will tell you about the pattern of test and then solve all questions both English and mathematics and mark questions that you answered wrong read the solution about wrong answers.it will take you 1-7 days to read the whole book. Take the full tests at end of book.
- Open The OFFICIAL Guide to REVISED GRE_2nd edition and solve all questions once. Mark questions that you answered wrong read the solution about wrong answers.it will take you 1-7 days to read the whole book. Take the full tests at end of book.
- Google (free Kaplan gre online test). Make a free account and appear for a free Kaplan test.
- Revise math conventions again.
- Open 5-lb.-Book and start practicing from section 7 to 29, don’t practice section 30 of advanced quantitative. Note down questions which you answered wrong and review there answers.
- If you find yourself weak or new to any section or if you are making too much mistakes. There is a folder named Manhattan GRE Set of 8 Strategy Guides open it and read the book related to your weakness portion, further reread the Barrons review about the part which you think you are weak. If you feel comfortable with 5-lb problems don’t read Manhattan Strategy Guides.
- After you have finished 5-lb problems, there is a software named POWERPREPIIV2_2. It is official software from ets. Install it and appear at your home for test 1. Don’t try to attempt test
- Review the questions that you attempt wrong in power prep test 1, analyse your test , what type of questions you answered wrong? What kind of mistakes you made??
- The preparation until here is enough for you to take 155-160 in quantitative.
- If you want more then open Official GRE Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions book and attempt all questions, make list of questions you attempted wrong read there answers .
- Reattempt ETS1st edition math questions and mark questions that you answered wrong , compare them with previously answered wrong questions, it will be very helpful to capture tricks in questions.
- Reattempt all mathematics questions in The OFFICIAL Guide to REVISED GRE_2nd edition and mark questions that you answered wrong, compare them with previously wrong answered questions, it will be very helpful to capture tricks in questions.
- Reattempt the questions from 5-lb, but only that you have answered wrong.
- Reattempt Official GRE Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions book and mark questions that you answered wrong, compare them with previously wrong answered questions, it will be very helpful to capture tricks in questions.
- Now appear for mock test 2 but this time register yourself in ets office, it will cost you just 500 RS, and you go to gre test taking centre and sit there in original test environment and take a test. It will be very helpful to make yourself comfortable with environment. The score you get in mock test is +/- 5 marks if you will take official gre test.
- If you are still not satisfied with your scores repeat the whole process.
GRE Testing Verbal Section For Students
It is very difficult to improve English in 2,3 months , but here is some advice to prepare for English section of gre in 2,3 months.
- There is a word list named Barron’s 800 word list, these are the minimal words you need to memorize if you want to get good marks in verbal section (145-155).
- There are many free websites like memrise.com or vocabulary.com on which you can make a free account and practice these words using pictures, which make it easy to remember words.
- There is a software in the package in folder readied comprehension software it contains 350+ reading comprehension from past gre and gmat exams and important ones. It is very helpful to practice reading comprehensions. And the software also has time and other options, read the Read me file about how to run it. Read 2,5 comprehensions daily.
- For practice use Official GRE Verbal Reasoning Practice questions and English portion of 5-lb book.
- You can get 145-155 by this preparation.
- Read 2,3 comprehensions daily from artandletterdaily.com (google it) and newyorktimes.com
- Memorize Manhattan 500 advanced words list and magoosh 500 advanced words list.
Information for Students on Analytical Writing for GRE Testing
- Google (ets analytical writing list) on ets website there is list of analytical writing topics. Your topic is one of these topic.
- There are large number of topics. Read the topic if it appeared difficult to you google it and practice it.
2 thoughts on “Gre Preparatory instruction Guide for International Students”
it gives wrong message
sir g it gives this message how to solve it?
Learning Opportunities Abroad
Sorry, you are not eligible to apply since you do not meet the following criteria:
Minimum qualification or higher degree must be in selected discipline.