The International Scholarship for Women (ISW)
The International Scholarship for Women (ISW) has announced that it will grant scholarships for full-time research or study at United States Universities for the 2020-2021 session. The great thing about this scholarship program is that there is no application fee and women from international countries can benefit from undergrad, master and doctoral programs.
The first thing that women who are interested in applying for this scholarship need to do is to prove their prior dedication to the charitable or volunteering work that aims to empower women in their specific fields. This can be done through professional, community or civic work. Nonetheless, let’s go ahead and check out what are the benefits and criteria for the International Scholarship for Women (ISW).
International Scholarship for Women (ISW) in the US: Benefits
- Health insurance in sponsorship with Sun life insurance company
- Expense on Return flight: US$1600 (Once per anum)
- Undergraduate degree sponsorship: US$18,000
- Master’s/first professional degree sponsorship: US$28,000
- Doctoral degree sponsorship: US$26,000
- Postdoctoral degree sponsorship: US$32,000
- Books & Literature expense: US$1000 per year
- Monthly stipend of US$1200 for an undergraduate student, US$1600 for Master student, US$1800 for Doctoral Student and flexible package for post-doctorate student
Here are the purposes that the scholarship is not being offered for:
- Academic Research Paper Publication costs
- Scholarships-in-aid for under a complete academic year or traveling scholarships
- Research assistants expenditure
- Tuition for dependent’s education
- Purchase of equipment in the laboratory or experimentation
- Travelling to or from a fellow’s home nation above once a year
- Institutional expenses (overheads)
- Previous overheads, arrears, or repayment of loans
- Indirect costs of travel or conference expense
- Institutional (overhead) expenses
International Scholarship for Women (ISW) in the US: Criteria
- Except for Iran ISW sponsorship is available for women from any other country.
- Age requirement for degree programs depends on the University requisites.
- Hold an educational grade (received abroad or in the U.S.) equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in the U.S. for enrollment application on master’s program, hold a degree equivalent to a master degree in the U.S. to apply for a doctoral grade program, or hold a valid doctoral degree to apply for a post-doctorate position.
- Committed to dedicate herself to the intended educational plan, if selected. A commitment letter needs to be signed by the candidate upon receiving the ISW Scholarship.
- Plan to go back to her home nation to take up a professional occupation.
- Be competent in English. Unless the candidate can confirm that her resident lingo is English (statement required in writing), that she obtained her undergraduate degree or secondary diploma that was taught in English language (transcript needed), or that she needs to submit a letter that provides evidence of her work as a full-time researcher enrolled in English taught program (transcript needed – English Proficiency Certificate needed), IELTS, or English language proficiency evidence is mandatory.
- Regions: Open for all
Official Letter and Deadline
Visit the Official website for The selection of the first batch and the second batch for the International Scholarship for Women (IWS) to Study in the US.