If you are interested in experiencing a new culture while pursuing your academic goals at the same time, then you might want to consider applying for the Japanese Government Scholarships 2020.
The applications are already open and everyone who wants to apply is invited to CLICK HERE and visit the official website where they can fill in the online application form. Although, we want to mention that the scholarship is awarded only to outstanding international students that have received recommendations from the APU.
In addition, the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) are offering this scholarship for the purpose of enhancing international competitiveness and promoting the active exchange of international students in Japanese based universities. Now, let’s go ahead and check out which are the benefits of being awarded a Japanese Government Scholarship.
Japanese Government Scholarships in 2020: Benefits
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
Japanese Government Scholarships in 2020: Criteria
- Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- Be born on or after April 2, 1985
- Regions: Open for all
Application and Selection Process
- Submit the APU application by November 19, 2019. Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT
- Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results
- Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT (SGU) application documents to APU
- The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT
Where Will You Study?
International students who manage to win a Japanese Government Scholarship will benefit from the opportunity of studying in the city of Beppu, Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) in the undergraduate program that offers the chance to complete a four-year bachelor’s degree and to also experience the culture of Japan.
Everyone who studies at APU will join a vibrant community that has an almost one to one ratio of Japanese/domestic students to international students, so all students will feel integrated. In addition, all undergraduate programs are conducted not only in Japanese but also in English so that everyone can understand.
Official Letter and Deadline
Once again, we are advising all outstanding international students to visit the OFFICIAL WEBSITE of the scholarship and fill in their online application form. Getting the opportunity to study in Japan is a once in a lifetime chance and you shouldn’t miss it! The deadline for these scholarships is November 19th, 2019.