The Government of Malaysia has announced that the applications for the Malaysian International Scholarship Program 2020 are now open for international students who want to study for their Masters and PhD Degree. The scholarship program is funded by the Ministry of Education in Malaysia and its goal is to attract outstanding international students. The scholarship program offers a wide range of academic fields for full-time Masters and Ph.D. Degree. Check out the list below to see the supported fields.
- Science and Engineering.
- Agriculture and Fisheries.
- Economics and Islamic Finance.
- Information and Communication Technology.
- Biosecurity and Food Safety.
- Infrastructure and Utility.
- Environmental Studies.
- Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Multimedia University (MMU)
Malaysian International Scholarship Program 2020 for International Students: Benefits
Check out the list below to see what are the benefits of being accepted into this scholarship program:
- This Scholarship is will cover Tuition Fees
- Monthly Living Allowance; RM 1,500.00 Per Month will be given.
- Successful Applicants are expected to independently arrange their travel to Malaysia (non-financial provisions). Travel expenses will not be provided by the Government of Malaysia
- All applicants are highly advised to check the expected living expenses in Malaysia.
Malaysian International Scholarship Program 2020 for International Students: Criteria
- Not more than 40 and 45 years of age for Master and Ph.D. respectively.
- For the Master’s degree, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 at a Bachelor’s Degree.
- For Ph.D. applicants should obtain a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or very good results at Master’s degree level in a similar field of intended Ph.D. study.
- A written proposal with a minimum of 1,000 words that is relevant to the field of studies.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency like IELTS or TOEFL
- Supported Regions: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste, Philippines, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Morocco, Palestine.
Official Letter and Deadline
All international students who are interested in applying for this scholarship program are advised to CLICK HERE and access the official website where they will find additional information. The deadline is March 15th, 2020.