Do you want to study at a prestigious university in the United Kingdom? If your answer is yes, then you should be pleased to find out that the University of Edinburgh is now accepting applications for the scholar’s program in the 2020/21 academic year.
The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh has been specially created to provide postgraduate online scholarships to students from Africa that have outstanding academic results and leadership potential. The University of Edinburgh is offering a total of ten scholarships in the 2020/21 academic year.
We also want to mention that the scholarship program is funded by the Mastercard Foundation which strongly believes that all young people, no matter their financial status, should have the opportunity to follow their academic goals and inspire the lives of others with their achievements. Nonetheless, let’s see which are the benefits and criteria of being awarded a scholarship at the University of Edinburgh.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2020/21 in University of Edinburgh: Benefits
The selected candidates will be provided with the following benefits:
- The scholarship will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance.
- On top of financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh including work-based placements, mentorship, and other activities during the academic year.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2020/21 in University of Edinburgh: Criteria
Applicants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Wanting to apply for one of the eligible courses listed above
- Qualify academically for admission to the degree of their choice
- Must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Should not have completed a postgraduate degree previously
- Must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community, and;
- Should be able to present economic circumstances which show they lack financial means to pursue higher education in their home country or elsewhere
- Eligible Regions: Sub-Saharan African countries
Official Letter and Deadline
We are advising everyone who is interested in this scholarship to CLICK HERE and visit the official website where they can access additional information. Moreover, the deadline for this scholarship is November 29, 2019.