The Skoll Scholarships Program is a competitive scholarship that targets incoming MBA students who want to apply for the Said Business School or University Oxford. The scholarship covers the full course fees for the MBA programme and to make things even better, the scholarship also offers a total of £14,985 for living expenses.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide funding to entrepreneurs who have set up or have been working in entrepreneurial initiatives with a social purpose or who have pursued an impact career and want to improve their knowledge about the market-oriented practices in order to become more successful.
We also want to mention that the scholarship is going to provide successful applicants with access to the Skoll Scholar community. This is a group of leaders who aim to have a positive impact on the world by innovating and changing systems.
The benefit of getting accepted in the Skoll Scholar community is that students will be able to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, successful leaders and more importantly, investors.
Skoll Scholarships at Said Business School: Benefits
As previously mentioned, the benefit that winning a Skoll scholarship is that it provides coverage for full costs of tuition and college fees for the MBA Programme while also offering an additional £14,985 for living expenses.
Skoll Scholarships at Said Business School: Criteria
- You have identified opportunities and taken action in order to make positive social impact
- You have spent preferably at least 3 years driving change through entrepreneurial approaches. For example, you could have:
- – Started or grown a social venture
- – OR led the expansion of a social impact initiative within an organisation
- – OR been tackling a specific social/environmental issue, through a core thread that unites your work
Creating impact with a focus on systems change
- You can demonstrate the outcomes and impact of your entrepreneurial action
- Your impact addresses unjust systems and practise in your area of work
Personal qualities of a social entrepreneur
- You are a force for positive change
- One must be single-minded and persistent, with a willingness to fail and start again
- You have bias toward action
- You have a tendency to explore your environment for opportunities and resources
- Willingness to take personal, and sometimes financial, risks
- One must develop networks and leverage members to pursue mutual goals
- You have apprenticed with the problem* or experienced the problem you are trying to solve
The Oxford MBA is critical to your career trajectory
- You can demonstrate why business education is essential in helping to develop your work/impact at this stage
- You are in a position where the cost of the programme is a significant financial burden
- You can demonstrate the need for the Scholarship (for example, due to previous work experiences or personal circumstances)
Official Letter and Deadline
We are advising all students who are interested in this scholarship to CLICK HERE and visit the office in order to obtain additional information. Furthermore, there are up to four scholarships offered each year and the deadlines are 6 September, 1 November and 10 January. Keep in mind that the course starts in September 2020.