Studying abroad is one of the best opportunities for international students to live a once in a lifetime experience that they will never forget while also getting the chance to pursue their academic goals. If you always wanted to visit Sweden and you are interested in getting your Master’s degree, then you should be pleased to find out that the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals is now accepting applications. This program is offering an estimate of 300 scholarships to outstanding international students who are interested in accessing a full-time Master’s program that will start in the autumn semester 2020.
The first thing that we want to mention about this scholarship is that it is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programs. Therefore, the only international students who should apply for a position are those who are eligible to get their Master’s degree. Furthermore, the tuition fee is going to be covered by the scholarship and the funds will be paid directly to Swedish universities at the start of the semester. In addition, the stipend for living expenses is paid monthly.
Applicants should be aware that the scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period. Not just that, but the scholarship cannot be transferred to a study program other than the master’s program. Nonetheless, let’s go ahead and check out the benefits of being awarded a Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals.
Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals in 2020: Benefits
- Tuition fees: pay directly to the Swedish university by SI
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help the candidate grow professionally and build his/her network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development
Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals in 2020: Criteria
- Work experience – must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated employment
- Leadership experience – have demonstrated leadership experience from their current or previous employment.
- Master’s programs – The master’s studies must be eligible for SI scholarships.
- University admissions – Applicants are liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, and have to have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by 3 April 2020.
- Eligible Regions; Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Official Letter and Deadline
The deadline to apply for this scholarship program is January 15, 2020. In addition, we are advising everyone who is interested to CLICK HERE and access the official website where they can submit their online application.