Last Updated on October 6, 2020
Thousands of students choose to study in the UK each year and there is a good reason for that. England is home to some of the world’s most prestigious universities and getting a degree from them is going to look good on any CV. With that said, we are happy to announce that the Study UK Alumni Awards are now accepting applications.
The Study UK Alumni Awards wants to celebrate the achievements of alumni and showcase the impact that they have on UK higher education. All award winners are leaders in their specific fields and have proven that they are a positive influence in their communities, professions, and countries! If you have studied in the UK and want to get recognized for your accomplishments, then you should apply as soon as possible.
There are three award categories and you can check them out below:
Professional Achievement Award
Recognizing alumni who have distinguished themselves through exemplary leadership and achievements in their professional industry, and who can demonstrate the impact and scale of their achievements in their profession, and beyond.
Recognizing alumni who are active in initiating or contributing to innovative or creative new ideas, solutions or business opportunities, that have the potential for strong growth.
Social Impact Award
Recognizing alumni who have made an exceptional contribution and commitment to creating positive social change and improving the lives of others.
The UK Alumni Rewards in 2020-2021
Check out the benefits below:
- All selected award finalists benefit from increased PR and press opportunities that raise their profile and share their success with international audiences.
- Winners of the global awards will be celebrated on a global scale and invited to the UK for a networking and professional development opportunity.
- Opportunities to connect with people of influence at award ceremonies, and afterward: Alumni Award winners in India met the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the Queen’s birthday party celebrations in Delhi.
- Press and PR opportunities and increased national/regional/global profile: Alumni Award winners have been featured in national newspapers of participating countries, for example, the Jakarta Post in Indonesia, and the Daily Graphic in Ghana.
- Professional contacts and connections.
- Reconnecting with UK university and the UK.
- Having a platform to be able to share experiences of UK education/career with others (particularly young people).
The UK Alumni Rewards in 2020-2021
The Study UK Alumni Awards are open to alumni living outside of the UK only and they must have studied in the last 15 years while enrolled at an officially recognized (178 institutions) or listed (679 institutions) UK higher education institution.
The studies need to be either at a UK university in the UK, for a minimum of one term or semester, OR awarded a full UK degree level qualification (or higher), by a recognized or listed UK HEI, outside the UK. The following eligibility criteria must also be met:
- Professional short courses: alumni are only eligible if the course they studied was at degree level (or above), offered by a recognized UK institution in the UK (and they fulfill the rest of the criteria). Post-doc researchers are ineligible.
- All applicants, except global award winners, from the Alumni Awards in previous years may re-apply if they meet this year’s eligibility criteria. Winners from previous national-level awards will be considered for global awards only.
- Applicants must not be currently employed by the British Council or Gradcore. Applicants must disclose if they are an immediate family member of a British Council or Gradcore employee.
Official Letter and Deadline
If you or somebody that you know has finished their studies in the UK, then applying to the UK Alumni Rewards in 2020-2021 is a must! The benefits that this scholarship program offers to students with great achievements are just too good.
Application deadline is 30 October 2020.