Getting accepted to a good scholarship program is the most cost-effective way to pursue your academic goals, especially if you are interested in studying abroad where you will need to pay for living expenses such as rent. Fortunately, there are many scholarship programs that have been specially created to help young students achieve their goals and the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is one of them. This scholarship program has been created for high-achieving international students who are interested in getting a Bachelor’s degree in the US and the applications for the 2020 academic year are now open.
We want to mention that wanting to get a Bachelor’s degree in the US is not enough to make you a candidate for the American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship. All applicants need to demonstrate that they are dedicated to positive civic and social change. The reason behind this is that the scholarship program desires the students to come back to their home countries and improve the communities.
American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship: Benefits
Students who are awarded with a scholarship position from this program will have all their American University expenses covered. This includes full tuition, room and board. On the downside of things, the scholarship doesn’t cover non-billable expenses such as health insurance for example.
American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship: Criteria
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with a 95+ TOEFL iBT, 7.0+ IELTS, 600+ paper-based TOEFL (taken on or prior to May 31, 2017), or sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after 31 May 2017).
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2020.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at lease 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2020.
You are NOT eligible to apply if:
- You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
- You graduated secondary school earlier than 2018.
Official Letter and Deadline
The deadline for this scholarship program is 15 December 2019 and the academic course starts in August 2020. In addition, we are advising everyone who is interested in this scholarship program to CLICK HERE and access the official website where they can find out more information.