Biodata is an abbreviation from biographical data. The data is always introduced in a document format and it typically is one to three pages long. Most people are required to use the biodata format when they are applying for employment or scholarships. With that being said, today we will check out the purpose of biodata formats and also present a template that you can edit and use for your documentation.
Why is Biodata Required for Employment?
The biodata format is essential to all employment applications because it contains important information about the person who is submitting the application. You can think of the biodata format as the “Personal Information” paragraph in your application. Here is where you can add information about your date of birth, height, weight, religion, gender, father’s name, and so on.
The Biodata Format
Here is how the proper biodata format looks like:
The recipient of the format will be informed of your career objective.
Here is where you can include all your personal information starting with gender, parents’ names, postal address, and ending with your hobbies and passions.
You should include your academic profile and all your student achievements. Make sure to highlight the achievements that are relevant to the employment position that you are applying for.
Since you are applying for employment, it’s always best to list in chronological order your occupation history and skills.
To help you figure out what your own biodata should look like, here is a fictional example you can use as a template:
Experienced marketer looking to join Worldwide Marketing as its next inbound marketing manager*
*Name: Luz Weston*
*Address: 1 Main St. New York, NY*
*Email Address: LuzWeston@email.com*
*Phone Number: 555-555-5555*
- New York State College 1988-1992
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management
- President of the NYSC Business organization
- 3.9 GPA
Marketing Intern: Pinnacle Marketing 1992-1993
- Assisted the head of marketing with day to day tasks
- Learned how to develop a marketing strategy from the ground up
- Interacted with clients daily
Marketing Associate: Pinnacle Marketing 1993 – 2003
- Took on more responsibilities
- Ran marketing strategies for several small clients
- Increased revenue for clients by 10-20%
Marketing Manager: Redwood Industries 2003-2018
- Managed a team of marketers for a growing company
- Increased engagement across all social media platforms
- Developed and implemented an inbound marketing strategy that increased sales by 50%
- Received the 2016 award for “Best Marketing Strategy: Inbound Marketing”
SEO | Inbound Marketing | PPC | Social Media | Blogging | Leadership | Communication | Teamwork | Innovative | Data-driven | Passionate
- Ran a marathon
- Named captain of my high school track team
- Launched a successful business which I ran from my dorm room
- Reached B1 level in Spanish
- Received a scholarship from my high school to help pay for college