If you consider yourself a future leader, influencer and decision-maker then you should be pleased to find out that the British Chevening Scholarship for international students in the academic year 2020/2021 is offering the unique chance to young students to develop professionally and academically in the United Kingdom. The British Chevening Scholarship for international students is offering a total of 700 scholarships each year to extraordinary students from more than 110 countries that are eager to study in a British institution. With that said, let’s go ahead and check out all the benefits that this scholarship offers.
British Chevening Scholarship for International Students Benefits:
- University tuition fees
- A monthly stipend
- Travel costs to and from the UK
- An arrival allowance
- A homeward departure allowance
- The cost of one visa application
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
British Chevening Scholarship for International Students Criteria:
- To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018
- In order to receive a Chevening Award, all applicants must demonstrate that they have fulfilled the Chevening English language requirement by 11 July 2019.
- All applicants to ensure they have fulfilled the English language requirement as early as possible by either:
- Taking an English language test
- Claiming an exemption based on the UKVI exempt categories
- Chevening accepts English language tests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CEA)
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
- Applicants must ensure they meet the minimum work-experience requirement for the award that they are applying to before submitting their Chevening application:
- Chevening Scholarships – two years’ work experience
- Chevening Fellowships – either five or seven years’ work experience depending on the fellowship. Please check your country page for eligibility details relating to the specific fellowship you are applying to.
If you do not already have the required level of work experience, you will be unable to submit your application (To get the more specific information please visit the official website)
Official Website and Deadline
Now that we have presented the benefits and the criteria for these international scholarships, we are advising all young students who are interested to CLICK HERE and visit the official website of British Chevening Scholarship and fill in the online application form. In addition, the deadline is November 8th, 2019.