It is indeed a great moment for the Ministry of Trade and Foreign affairs of Brunei (MOFAT) to announce the Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship (BDGS) 2020-2021 for the studious and passionate students all over the world. The international students are invited to submit application forms for the Brunei Government Darussalam Scholarship (BDGS Scholarship) for the academic session. Through this scholarship, MOFAT is aiming to reward the deserving students and give them a chance to fulfill their dreams. The Government of Brunei sponsored Scholarship is providing applicants with an opportunity of undertaking Diploma, Undergraduate Degree Program and Postgraduate Degree Program in the renowned institutes of higher education. They can get themselves enrolled in any of the institutions listed below:
- (PB) – Politeknik Brunei, (UNISSA) – Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali, (UTB) – Universiti Teknologi Brunei, (UBD) – Universiti Brunei Darussalam
The academic year is scheduled to commence in July-August.
Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship (BDGS) Coverage
The following benefits will be offered to the recipient of this Brunei Government scholarship 2020 as follows:
- The Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship (BDGS) holder will get an exemption from paying all sorts of tuition fees which include the acceptance fee, examination fee, registration fee and orientation fee throughout the degree program.
- Before the commencement of the program, the recipient will be given an air ticket (economy class) from his/her home-country to Brunei Darussalam. He/she will also get an air-ticket (economy class) from Brunei Darussalam to home-county upon the completion of the degree program
- A personal allowance of B$500.00 will be offered on a monthly basis
- The recipient will get a meal allowance of B$150.00 on a monthly basis
- A book allowance of B$600.00 will be given on a yearly basis
- The scholarship recipient will get accommodation in the residential college of the Polytechnic or University
- Following maximum baggage allowance will be given to the scholarship holder for shipping his personal stuff back to his home-country upon course completion.
- B$250.00 for countries within the ASEAN region
- B$500.00 for countries outside the ASEAN region
- For the entire scholarship duration, the recipient will get complete insurance coverage. The scholarship receiver is advised to get additional insurance at his own expense, before traveling to Brunei Darussalam and for the complete Scholarship period as well.
Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship (BDGS) Eligibility Criteria
- The Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships (BDGS) are open worldwide including the nationals of Commonwealth, OIC and ASEAN member countries.
- The candidate should have a nomination from their government
- The applicant must have got a medical fitness certificate before his arrival by an experienced medical practitioner having registration from any Government Authority, for undertaking the scholarship and pursuing study in Brunei Darussalam. The applicant has to complete this certification process at his own expense
- For Diploma and Undergraduate programmes, the candidates must be 18 to 25 years old. The applicant’s age must not be more than 35 years for the Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes as of July 31.
- The permanent residents of Brunei Darussalam are not eligible for this award
Brunei Government Scholarship Application
- Application form for Brunei Government Scholarship is now available for students to fill in, so fill it in with your credentials.
- The downloaded form should be duly completed and then endorsed by the National Focal Point for scholarships or Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the candidate’s country
- A security clearance statement, which certifies that the applicant does not have any civil or criminal charge against him, must be submitted by the applicant from his National Security Agency or Police Station.
- The application forms should be sent to the subsequent mailing address after completion. Email: [email protected]
- Those candidates who are seeking admission in Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD) are also required to fill an application online of Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- No consideration would be given to the incomplete application forms.
- The duly completed application forms along with the relevant attested copies of documents and certificates must be received by 1600 hrs (Brunei Standard Time) on February 28 each year…
- The applicant has to report for interview at the place being determined by the institutes which are offering the degree programmes. The applicant may be required to take a written examination for the assessment of his expertise in Arabic/English/Malay language (when applicable)
- The Government of Brunei Darussalam has got the privilege of rejecting any application. The decision taken regarding the selection of applicants will be final. No inquiries or disputes will be entertained regarding the decision. The notification will be issued to the successful candidates only.
- Please contact on the following details in case of further inquiries.
Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship (BDGS) Partner Universities:
The list of programmes being offered under the Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship (BDGS) program, entry qualifications and additional information can be accessed from the official university websites given below:
- (UBD) – Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- (UTB) – Universiti Teknologi Brunei
- Politeknik Brunei – (PB)
- (UNISSA) – Islam Sultan Sharif Ali Universiti
Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship (BDGS) Terms and conditions:
The successful applicants will be provided with a complete list of terms and conditions of the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship. The applicants have to sign a declaration confirming that they understand and agree to those terms and conditions. Following are the general terms and conditions of this scholarship:
- The applicant cannot hold this scholarship along with any other fellowship, scholarship, loan or grant without getting written approval from the Ministry of Trade and Foreign affairs of Brunei. Holding any other scholarship without the approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade may result in the immediate termination and cancellation of this scholarship.
- Any accompanying family members are not recommended during the scholarship period. No allowance will be paid to the scholarship recipient for marriage or children. Moreover, the accompanying spouse or children will not be provided any accommodation as well.
- A scholarship recipient does not have the permission to carry out any paid job or to serve as the representative staff of any country in Brunei Darussalam during the period of the scholarship.
- The recipient of this scholarship must:
- Obey all the fundamental rules and regulations of Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship (BDGS)
- Stick to the policies and rules of his Polytechnic/University
- Give full respect to the religion, culture, and customs of Brunei Darussalam
- Follow the rules and laws of Brunei Darussalam
- Avoid from getting engaged in any political activity
- Go through health test in Brunei Darussalam if considered essential by the Ministry of Trade and Foreign affairs of Brunei
- On the completion of the Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship (BDGS), the scholarship holder has to leave Brunei Darussalam without any delay