It is indeed a great moment for the Ministry of Trade and Foreign affairs of Brunei (MOFAT) to announce the Brunei Scholarship 2020/2021. Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship is for the studious and passionate students all over the world.
International students are invited to submit application forms for the Brunei Scholarship 2020/2021 (BDGS) for the academic session . Through this scholarship, MOFAT is aiming to reward the deserving students and give them a chance to fulfill their dreams.
The Government of Brunei sponsored Scholarship is providing applicants with an opportunity of undertaking a Diploma, Undergraduate Degree Program and Postgraduate Degree Program in the renowned institutes of higher education. They can get themselves enrolled in any of the institutions listed below:
- (PB) – Politeknik Brunei, (UNISSA) – Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali, (UTB) – Universiti Teknologi Brunei, (UBD) – Universiti Brunei Darussalam
The academic year is scheduled to commence in July-August.
Brunei Scholarship 2020/2021 (BDGS) Coverage
The following benefits will be offered to the recipient of this Brunei scholarship 2020/2021 as follows:
- The Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship (BDGS) holder will get an exemption from paying all sorts of tuition fees which include the acceptance fee, examination fee, registration fee and orientation fee throughout the degree program.
- Before the commencement of the program, the recipient will be given an air ticket (economy class) from his/her home-country to Brunei Darussalam. He/she will also get an air-ticket (economy class) from Brunei Darussalam to home-country upon the completion of the degree program.
- A personal allowance of B$500.00 will be offered on a monthly basis
- The recipient will get a meal allowance of B$150.00 on a monthly basis
- A book allowance of B$600.00 will be given on a yearly basis
- The scholarship recipient will get accommodation in the residential college of the Polytechnic or University
- Following maximum baggage allowance will be given to the scholarship holder for shipping his personal stuff back to his home-country upon course completion.
- B$250.00 for countries within the ASEAN region
- B$500.00 for countries outside the ASEAN region
- For the entire scholarship duration, the recipient will get complete insurance coverage. The scholarship receiver is advised to get additional insurance at his own expense, before traveling to Brunei Darussalam and for the complete Scholarship period as well.
Brunei Scholarship 2020/2021 (BDGS) Eligibility Criteria
- The Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships (BDGS) are open worldwide including the nationals of Commonwealth, OIC and ASEAN member countries.
- The candidate should have a nomination from their government
- The applicant must have got a medical fitness certificate before his arrival by an experienced medical practitioner having registration from any Government Authority, for undertaking the scholarship and pursuing a study in Brunei Darussalam. The applicant has to complete this certification process at his own expense
- For Diploma and Undergraduate programs, the candidates must be 18 to 25 years old. The applicant’s age must not be more than 35 years for the Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs as of July 31.
- Permanent residents of Brunei Darussalam are not eligible for this award
Brunei Scholarship 2020/2021 Application
- Application form for the Brunei Government Scholarship is now available for students to fill in, so fill it in with your credentials.
- The downloaded form should be duly completed and then endorsed by the National Focal Point for scholarships or Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the candidate’s country
- A security clearance statement, which certifies that the applicant does not have any civil or criminal charge against him, must be submitted by the applicant from his National Security Agency or Police Station.
- The application forms should be sent to the subsequent mailing address after completion. Email: applyBDGS2018@mfa.gov.bn
- Those candidates who are seeking admission in Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD) are also required to fill an application online of Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- No consideration would be given to the incomplete application forms.
- The duly completed application forms along with the relevant attested copies of documents and certificates must be received by 1600 hrs (Brunei Standard Time) on February 28 each year…
- The applicant has to report for an interview at the place being determined by the institutes which are offering the degree programs.
- The applicant may be required to take a written examination for the assessment of his expertise in Arabic/English/Malay language (when applicable).
- The Government of Brunei Darussalam has got the privilege of rejecting any application. The decision taken regarding the selection of applicants will be final. No inquiries or disputes will be entertained regarding the decision. The notification will be issued to the successful candidates only.
- Please contact me on the following details in case of further inquiries.
- Remember to always check the Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship Deadline
Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship (BDGS) Partner Universities:
The list of programs being offered under the Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship program. Entry qualifications and additional information can be accessed from the official university websites given below:
- (UBD) – Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- (UTB) – Universiti Teknologi Brunei
- Politeknik Brunei – (PB)
- (UNISSA) – Islam Sultan Sharif Ali University
Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship (BDGS) Terms and conditions:
The successful applicants will be provided with a complete list of terms and conditions of the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship. The applicants have to sign a declaration confirming that they understand and agree to these terms and conditions. Following are the general terms and conditions of this scholarship:
- The applicant cannot hold this scholarship along with any other fellowship, scholarship, loan or grant without getting written approval from the Ministry of Trade and Foreign affairs of Brunei. Holding any other scholarship without the approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade may result in the immediate termination and cancellation of this scholarship.
- Any accompanying family members are not recommended during the scholarship period. No allowance will be paid to the scholarship recipient for marriage or children. Moreover, the accompanying spouse or children will not be provided any accommodation as well.
- A scholarship recipient does not have the permission to carry out any paid job or to serve as the representative staff of any country in Brunei Darussalam during the period of the scholarship.
- The recipient of this scholarship must:
- Obey all the fundamental rules and regulations of Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship (BDGS)
- Stick to the policies and rules of his Polytechnic/University
- Give full respect to the religion, culture, and customs of Brunei Darussalam
- Follow the rules and laws of Brunei Darussalam
- Avoid from getting engaged in any political activity
- Go through health test in Brunei Darussalam if considered essential by the Ministry of Trade and Foreign affairs of Brunei
- On the completion of the Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship (BDGS), the scholarship holder has to leave Brunei Darussalam without any delay.
All the students who are interested in Brunei Scholarship 2020/2021 are advised to check the Deadline of ( BDGS ) before it too late !
29 thoughts on “Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship (BDGS)”
Does Turkey university offer Botany or plant Ecology subject ? If yes, which universities ? Thanks
I Am interested in the Brunei scholarship program for masters degree in electrical andelectronic engineering. My highest qualification is higher National diploma (HND). Am I eligible? I will appreciate your response as it will aid my decision. Thanks
What should I do to get a international scholarship?
hello dear iam yakhoub writing to you from chad in centrale african and i need your help.
Asslam u alaikm Sir!
I want to apply for this scholarship….I’ve recently completed my masters in chemistry,,and now want to apply for Mphil/MS
I’ve secured 70% marks in last exam…..!Am I eligible?
I love this site! Very useful for students and others. I would loke to know if is there any assistance of Ph.D research programs for applicants above 40 years of age. I am looking for scholarship fellow of that level. Please assist me.
Good day !
Dear sir Madam!
On be half of my sister in law from Philippines She want to avail your scholarship but sad to say the link that you provide can’t open.
She was very interested to apply if given a chance to be part of your scholarship.kind pleas assist any site so that I can forward to her please.
Thank you for your kind assistment highly appreciated
is application opened for 2019/2020 academic year ?
Hope that you are fine and enjoying good health. first thanks for providing us such platform. I have a Query regarding Brunei Scholarship that in the Application form it is asked that “Are you applying for UBD Scholarship”? so what will be my question because of this scholarship is from Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship so whether I tick that one or not? Please guide me
waiting for yoou reply
hi i am from Ethiopia. i have i have first degree by anesthesia from Jimma University, Jimma , Ethiopia. and now i am lecturer at this university. so can i apply for this scholarship?, please let me know
i want to more study in bronai
i want to study in bronai
new applicant from nigeria thanks and my application is on process
I am 25 years old turning 26 in a week. I am currently studying Computer science in China . i am interested in this scholarship for transfer or any scholarship even if its here in China. I am not financially stable and this affects my studies.
it’s first time hearing a bout brunie country , i shoked that is there a country by this name ? i don’t see this name football ,cricket or some other things.
Afghanistan is my homeland
I’m interesting this scholarship
My name awil elmi from somalia i wana to get schoollership in burnia and i very interst to be secceful thank my dear custamar
I would like to apply for the scholarship programe
i try to send it and the massage there is not deliver
How many seats of medicines are there in turkey burslari scholarship.plz inform for the bachelor program and specially for pakistani students.
My major is history and done M.Sc from QAU Islamabad and looking for scholarship to continue further studies. Kindly assets me that which country or scholarship suits me.
I have keen interest to study in Brunei Darussalam. Please find my attached documents for Master level scholarship in the field of ICT or Computer Science in your country. You are kindly requested to assist me, that how i can get master level scholarship. thanks
Sir kindly give me your contact info.
I am undergraduate like to study international relationship
Please help me i want scholarship full our parent isnot able to pay the university