Most prestigious scholarship for PhD Studies in China is offered by CAS in collaboration with TWAS. Scholars of CAS-TWAS receives high stipends per month.
Total number of slots each year which CAS-TWAS Scholarship intakes are up-to 200 globally, which also includes 60 under developed countries. Total study duration is up-to 4 years for CAS-TWAS scholarship winners with possible travel grant.
Deadline to apply for CAS-TWAS is 31 March each year.
Following programs are being offered:
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Chemical Sciences
- Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences
Age limitation also applicable which is up-to 35 years.
No sandwich option available.
As per Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) commitment only non-Chinese citizens are accepted to study in Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) or in institutes of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) in China.
Steps To Apply Online for CAS-TWAS China Fellowship
- Study and Analyze eligibility requirements
- Get in touch with eligible supervisor under any institutes of CAS, USTC or UCAS, that agrees to supervise your research/studies. Below is the links that’ll help you find find eligible supervisors:
UCAS Professors & Institutes list:
USTC List of Professors & Institutes
- After successful reach to supervisors, send your research plan, cv and other documents to professors and ask them if they accepts you as their student. Remind your professor that he’ll fill some part of your CAS-TWAS application in later stages.
- Click below link and start your CAS-TWAS scholarship online application:
- Document list required by CAS-TWAS Fellowship:
— Download CAS-TWAS application form from below two links, fill em up and leave supervisor section empty for your supervisor to fill in.
CAS-TWAS Form A link
— Now remind your professor to fill his section in your application with sign and Stamp, afterwards ask him to upload that part in CAS-TWAS online application system.
— [Optional] Produce two referees, preference will be given to TWAS members who knows you. Your supervisor will never be considered as referee.
- Other Documents:
— Transcript of bachelor and Master notarized copy only together with notarized copy of both bachelor and master degrees.
— Any evidence of your English language proficiency [IETLS, TOFEL or English Certificate] — CV which must entails details regarding your research/pre-research
— Passport Copy, [Must have at-least 2 years expiry remaining] — Research Proposal Detailed
— Copies of full Abstract pages required of 5 published papers [Maximum] — Medical physical examination Form [Download below] Physical Examination/Medical Form for CAS-TWAS
- Submit all documents in CAS-TWAS online application system
- Send scanned copies of all documents to Supervisor
- Ask Supervisor to produce hard copies of your documents including application for, then he must fill his portion and then supervisor send the application to USTC or UCAS scholarship office before deadline.
If you still have any questions regarding CAS-TWAS then ask in our fb group.
Some useful links below:
Official link of TWAS Website
CAS Website link