Last Updated on December 29, 2020
If you are an Australian citizen or have a permanent residence in New Zealand, then we have some great news to share with you.
The University of Melbourne is now accepting applications for the Bachelor of Commerce scholarship program. This is one of the most popular scholarship programs in Australia and it has been attracting and rewarding outstanding students for decades.
The University of Melbourne aims to attract high-achieving students in the Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), the Commerce/Juris Doctor Graduate Degree Package or the Commerce/Engineering Graduate Degree Package by providing a $24,000 living allowance over three years and a travel grant valued at $2500.
Commerce Achievement Scholarship at University of Melbourne: Benefits
Winning a spot in this scholarship program is a life-changing event. The reason behind this is that the scholarship program provides $8,000 per annum over three years. The financial help is paid in two $4,000 installments that are given out in April and September after the census dates.
Recipients are also eligible for the University’s exchange and overseas study scholarships including the $2,500 Melbourne Global Scholars Award.
We also want to mention that the scholarship program is providing recipients with the opportunity to benefit from local and international case competitions, student clubs and societies, employability workshops, mentoring and industry events, and the University’s prestigious partner-network through Exchange.
Commerce Achievement Scholarship at University of Melbourne: Criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be an Australian citizens or permanent residents or a New Zealand citizen, who has completed an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate in or outside Australia
- have applied for the Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) at the University of Melbourne via VTAC, for commencement in the year following completion of Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate, OR
- have applied for the Commerce Graduate Degree Package at the University of Melbourne via VTAC, for commencement in the year following completion of Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate
- have not previously undertaken any tertiary studies (excluding extension studies completed as part of a Year 12 program)
- achieve a minimum ATAR of 98.00
Selection is made based on academic merit (the results you achieved in your most recent years of study of Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate).
Official Letter and Deadline
We are advising all students who are interested in benefiting from this scholarship program to CLICK HERE and access the official website where they can find additional information.
There is no deadline and the application of all students who meet the criteria will be reviewed by the University of Melbourne’s staff.