Studying abroad is an amazing experience. You will get the chance to pursue your academic goals while also getting the chance to explore a rich culture and make new friends that will last for a lifetime. On the downside of things, studying abroad is not cheap. If you are planning to study in Belgium and get your Master’s Degree, then we have some great news to share with you. The Government of Flanders is awarding scholarships to outstanding students in Flanders and Brussels. All applications will be accepted from Flemish universities, Schools of Arts and the Antwerp Maritime Academy.
The scholarship is going to award 30 international students with the opportunity to benefit from the Master Mind Scholarships in the 2020/2021 academic year. However, the applications need to be submitted by the Flemish host institution and students cannot apply directly. Visit the official link for more information.
The Host Institutions
- KU Leuven / University of Leuven
- University of Antwerp
- Ghent University
- Hasselt University
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Antwerp Maritime Academy
- Artesis Plantijn University College Antwerp
- Erasmus University College Brussels
- Karel de Grote University College
- LUCA School of Arts
- University College Ghent
- PXL University College
Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships in 2020: Benefits
International students who get accepted in this scholarship will benefit from up to 8,000 Euros per year. The duration of mobility is one academic year and the Master’s program of 60 ECTS and two academic years for a Master’s program of 120 ECTS. We also want to mention that the Flemish Host Institution can require the applicant a tuition fee of 111.9 Euros per year.
Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships in 2020: Criteria
- The applicant applies to take up a Master degree program at a higher education institution in Flanders (hereafter ‘Flemish host institution’).
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. The student has a Grade Point Average of 3.5 out of 4.0 and has a good knowledge of the English language.
- The student has to be accepted by the Host institution to be able to receive the scholarship. Even if the Host institution’s decision to accept the student is taken after the selection of the Master Mind Scholarships program, this criterion applies.
- All nationalities can apply. The previous degree obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution cannot apply.
Official Letter and Deadline
All students who are interested in this scholarship are advised to CLICK HERE in order visit the official website of the scholarship where they can find additional information. The deadline is 20 January 2020.