Indian faculty researches and professionals who are interested in teaching or conduct in research in the at a US institution should be pleased to find out that the Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships is going to provide a select number of applicants with the opportunity to do that. Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships is offering fellowships of four to nine months and all of them are designed to help professionals who are residing in India with the opportunity to bring their talents over to a US institution. All applicants are allowed to opt for four to six-months Flex Awards in two segments.
Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships – Eligible Fields of Study:
Agricultural Sciences; Anthropology; Bioengineering; Climate Change Sciences; Computer Science (including, but not limited to, cyber security, digital economy, quantum computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data analytics); Economics; Education Policy and Planning; Energy Studies; History; International Law; International Security and Strategic Studies; Materials Science (with emphasis on environmental applications); Mathematical Sciences; Neurosciences; Performing Arts; Physical Sciences; Public Health; Public Policy; Sociology; Urban and Regional Planning (with emphasis on smart cities and waste management); Visual Arts; and Women’s and Gender Studies.
Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships – Benefits:
- AJ-1 visa support;
- A monthly stipend;
- Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per US Government guidelines;
- Round-trip economy class air travel (two round-trip economy class air tickets for Flex);
- A modest settling-in allowance;
- A professional allowance.
Subject to availability of funds, in case of grantees on eight or nine-month grants, a dependent allowance and international travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided the dependent is with the grantee in the U.S. for at least 80 percent of the grant period. Flex grantees are not eligible for dependent benefits.
Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships – Criteria
- faculty/researchers must have a Ph.D. degree or equivalent published work with at least five years of relevant teaching/research experience;
- professionals outside academe must have a master’s degree or equivalent published work with recognized professional standing and at least five years of relevant experience;
- the applicant should upload a recent significant publication (copy of paper/article) in the online application; and
- If the applicant is employed, s/he must follow the instructions carefully regarding Letter of Support from Home Institution. The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. The applicant must obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the Letter of Support from Home Institution;
- Eligible Regions: India.
Official Website and Deadline
We are advising all Indian residents who are interested in the Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships to hurry up and access the OFFICIAL WEBSITE where they can find additional information and an online application form. In addition, the deadline is July 15th, 2019.