Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program
The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program offers some of the most renowned scholarships all over the world and the 2020-21 edition has started in Romania. Grant activity includes teaching courses and seminars at the undergraduate and graduate level with a special emphasis on practical applications. Scholars will also get the chance to assist with curriculum development and other activities as requested by the program.
One of the biggest advantages that scholars will be able to benefit from is the chance to give public talks, mentor students and engage with the host community alongside their primary activities. Not just that, but the prestigious Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program is designed to expand and strengthen the relationships between the people of the United States and citizens from other nations such as Romania in this case.
Grant Length and Dates
The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program 2020-21 in Romania will last three to five months. The grants begin in October 2020 (fall semester) or February 2021 (spring semester).
- Bucharest: Bucharest Polytechnic University; National School of Political Science and Public Administration; University of Bucharest
- Cluj-Napoca: Babes-Bolyai University; Technical University of Cluj-Napoca
- Constanta: Ovidius University
- Iasi: Alexandru Ioan Cuza University; Technical University Gheorghe Asachi of Iasi
- Timisoara: Timisoara Polytechnic University; University of the West
- Computer Science;
- Information Sciences;
- Political Science;
- Public Administration;
- Specialization: Candidates are sought in all appropriate disciplines including but not limited to a digital society, digital humanities, the new media, Science, Technology, and Society (STS), or cybersecurity.
Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program 2020-21 in Romania Benefits:
- Monthly base stipend: $2,640-$2,860
- Living: $250-$450 per month, based on the number of accompanying dependents.
- Estimated Travel and Relocation Allowance: Starting from $3,200, plus $2,200 travel allowance for each of accompanying dependents, to a maximum of $7,600.
- Special Award Benefits: Benefits include an additional monthly stipend of RON 3,200 (approximately $700, depending on the exchange rate), as well as a housing allowance of $680-$900 per month, based on the number of accompanying dependents.
Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program 2020-21 in Romania Criteria:
- A letter of invitation is preferred
- All teaching and research will be in English; proficiency in another language is not required.
- Open to academics and appropriately qualified professionals outside of academia
Eligible Regions: United States