A grant proposal cover letter is the formal letter submitted with the grant proposal to the foundation, organization, and government agencies.
Foundations don’t always require a grant cover letter, but the inclusion of such documents can increase the chance of grant approval. Organizations use this letter to introduce their mission and project. Moreover, the cover letter is usually the first page of the grant proposal application.
The grant proposal cover letter is a formal document addressed to the Foundation Director and signed by the requesting organization’s executives.
Features of a professional grant cover letter
Your grant proposal cover letter should have the following attributes:
- Be short and brief
- Show that you understand the funder. Also mention how your project will help others
- Get straight to the point
- Don’t state the information presented in the proposal
- Proofread, proofread, and proofread
Format to write an effective grant proposal cover letter
A cover letter includes different elements besides the main content. here are some best tips to follow for writing a professional grant proposal cover letter:
- Start with adding all the contact details. Add your name and details, and also add the details of the company that is providing the grant.
- Address the person by its name. Most of the time, you need to address the director of the grant foundation.
- Introduce yourself, your organization, and also your project. Tell them about your project and the grant amount you are requesting.
- Highlight your previous projects and publications. It is your chance to emphasize your company’s accomplishments.
- Mention how the project will help the others. Wrote it down carefully as it is your opportunity to capture the reader’s attention and also to make an impact.
- Keep all the paragraphs brief and also get to the point.
- You can also provide information about the budget, but it is not mandatory.
- Close the grant proposal cover letter with a follow-up statement.
- Sign off the letter with your name and signature.
Grant Proposal Cover Letter Samples
Are you struggling to write the cover letter to approve the grant? Below are some of the best samples to write a grant proposal cover letter.