The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is now offering fully funded scholarships to international students to study undergrad, master and doctoral degree programs in Korea.
KAIST Scholarship Duration for Graduates
- A 3-year Master’s (MS) degree inclusive of a 1-year language course
- A 4-year Doctoral (Ph.D.) degree inclusive of a 1-year language course
Students obtaining a TOPIK score of 5 or more are exempt from taking the 1-year language course. The KAIST undergrad scholarships are also open.
KAIST Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Only international graduates can apply for the scholarship.
KAIST Scholarship Coverage
The KAIST Scholarship for MS and Ph.D. provides coverage on the following basis;
- Complete tuition fee waiver: The tuition fee of the student will be waived for 4 semesters (MS) / for 8 semesters (Ph.D.)
- A sum of 350,000 KRW (MS)/400,000 (Ph.D.) per month will be paid to the student as living expenses.
- The student will be provided with free National Health Insurance.
- Research assistants could receive an additional stipend depending upon the circumstances
KAIST Scholarship Application Requirements
The following requirements have to be fulfilled by the student in order to continue to submit an application for KAIST Scholarship this year:
- The student has to maintain a GPA score of over 2.0 out of 4.3 at KAIST
- The GPA requirements at the Seoul campus could be different than those mentioned above
When to apply for KAIST Scholarship?
Candidates can apply online for graduate scholarships here.
KAIST Scholarship Selection Procedure
The selection procedure for this scholarship is the same as that prescribed for admission to KAIST.
China (China Scholarship Council)-KAIST Scholarships
CSC-KAIST Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible to receive this scholarship, candidates should fulfill the following criteria;
- At the time of applying for the scholarship, they have to be permanently resident citizens of the People’s republic of China
- Students should not currently hold jobs outside of China
- They have to provide an assurance that they will return to China on completion of their course of study.
- They should be in possession of an offer letter from KAIST. The offer letter should be unconditional for which they would have to fulfill all the necessary admission requirements of KAIST, both academic and otherwise.
KAIST-CSC Scholarship procedure to be followed
Ideally, a candidate should apply to KAIST in the early fall admission track that begins in December and applies for this scholarship in the month of March.
The China Scholarship Council will consider candidates applications and provide a living allowance that would include health insurance as prescribed by the Chinese Government from time to time. Besides this, the airfare for a round trip to Korea and visa application fees will also be covered in this scholarship.
The Taiwan-KAIST scholarship candidate has to fulfill the following criteria in order to be eligible for this scholarship.
- He/she has to be a R.O.C. citizen, which would normally include the residents of Penghu, Matsu, Taiwan, and Kinmen, including students currently outside Taiwan.
- Only fresh Ph.D. applications to KAIST will be considered for the scholarship. Hence, students already pursuing their Ph.D. at KAIST are not eligible.
This KAIST scholarship provides coverage to the candidate as given below;
- Tuition-free education for all years of course program
- An annual stipend which will not be less than the minimum rate that has been prescribed by KAIST for international students
More information on the scholarship coverage can be found here.
Russian Government Scholarship – Global Education Program (GEP)
Candidates wishing to apply for this KAIST scholarship have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- They have to be Russian Federation citizens and prior to applying for the scholarship they should have got themselves enrolled in an academic program at any one of the foreign educational organizations listed as providing education of a quality that meets the highest international standards.
- They have to commit to returning back to Russia on completion of their course of study and take up employment suited to their qualifications at an organization in Russia for a period of at least 3 years.
This KAIST scholarship provides the following coverage to candidates;
- Tuition fees
- Health insurance
- Food expenses
- Travel expenses
- Living expenses
- Expenses on academic literature
For information on this scholarship send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Science without Borders Korea (Ciência sem Fronteiras Coreia)
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, a candidate would have to be a citizen of Brazil and have to apply to a full PhD program at KAIST.
This Science without borders Korea-KAIST scholarship provides for the following;
- Tuition fees
- Living expenditure
- Travel expenses (air fare)
- Health Insurance
How to apply
More information on the scholarship can be obtained at the Ciência sem Fronteiras website.
- Online application deadline link for graduate KGSP Scholarship
6 thoughts on “KAIST International Student Scholarship For MS and PhD”
I need your help. I want to write study plan for csc can u help me?
i want to apply in cas twag and peef scholarship for phd but my one subject of mphill is missing i am taking classes of it will complete in may but resarsch is completed only one subject is left kindly guide me can i apply with transcript with this issue as 31 march is last date for cas twag and april for peef scholarship .kindly guide me with this perspective .
Warm Greeting from Nepal,
I am Birendra Narayan Shah from Nepal. I have done Master’s Degree in Economics in 2007 with first division and Recently, I have completed Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.) in Economics in 2017 A.D. with 3.10/4.00 GPA, from Tribhuvan University, a well- known University of Nepal and all across the globe. It is an advanced research degree that is supposed to be a prerequisite before the PhD program. Therefore, this degree, I believe, can be very supportive in excelling my further intensive research based doctorate degree.
I have decided to apply for my PhD program in Economics through the scholarship . Please suggest me the appropriate ways to get scholarship.
Dear Sirs, I have a bachelors in social work and social administration and am interested in winning a scholarship so that I may do My masters in Public health
seems like Pakistani students cannot apply for this right?
Is this scholorship for pakistan????