Last Updated on January 15, 2020
Government of Indonesia announced the Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship 2019 for international students and the applications are open for many degree programs. The Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship is valid for the Masters or MPhil Degree to study in Indonesia, which covers almost all the fields. Indonesia is the 16th largest nation in terms of Economy, and 7th largest as far as GDP is concerned, across the world, which are impresive stats for a student to consider studying in an Indonesian University.
To this date, Indonesian Government has provided 1,163 Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarships internationally. The Indonesian Government plans to provide more than 1163 Scholarships this year. Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship is offered to the deserving and potential students from other countries so that they can pursue Master degree at universities located in Indonesia.
Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship Coverage and details
- Country of Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship award and study destination: Indonesia
- Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) is co-sponsored by: Higher Education Institutional Affairs Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education, and Directorate General of Science and Technology.
- Level of Course: Master Degree
- Duration of Course: 24 Months (Max. 2 years)
The Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship almost covers all the expenses. Hence it’s a Fully Funded Scholarship sponsored by Indonesian Government for international students.
- Students will be given a Settlement Allowance of worth IDR 1,250,000 upon their arrival.
- However, students will only get Living Allowance worth IDR 2,550,000 monthly when they’re taking classes of preparatory programs and Indonesian Language Course.
- Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship Monthly Stipend: During the Master Program, The Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship students will get a scheme of monthly allowance, the details of which are given below: Books Allowance IDR 350,000, Research Allowance IDR 400,000 and the Living Allowance of IDR 2,550,000.
- Health insurance with a maximum amount of IDR 200,000 per month premium (In case the medical expenses exceeded to those which the health insurance covers, difference should be paid by the student)
- KNB Scholarship also includes A round-trip international Airfare (economy class) from an international airport of the student’s home country to Indonesia, which also includes the local transport to host university.
Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship degree program offerings:
The Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship gives an opportunity to potential and deserving students belonging to developing cCountries to pursue Masters level education.
- Humanities KNB Scholarship
- Cultural Studies
- Literary Studies
- Engineering KNB Scholarship
- Architectural Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Naval Architect & Marine Engineering
- Geological Engineering
- Informatics Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Sciences KNB Scholarship
- Remote Sensing
- Environmental Sciences
- Public Health
- Sports Sciences
- Pharmacy Studies
- Social Sciences KNB Scholarship
- Economics/Development Study
- Communication and Media Studies
- International Relations
- Community Empowerment
- Public Administration
- Political Science
- Education department KNB Scholarship
- Social Science Education
- Natural Science Education
- Primary School Teacher Education
- Out of School Education/ Informal Education
- Applied Linguistics
- History Education
- Instructional Education
- Educational Management
- Educational Research & Evaluation
- Vocational & Technology Education
- Indonesian Education
- Educational Science
Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship deadline and duration
- Indonesian Language Course and Master Preparatory Program: 1 Year (Max)
- Master Program: 2 Years Max. (4 semesters)
- Deadline: 12th April, 2019
Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant for KNB Scholarship should not be above 35.
- Applicant KNB Scholarship must have a bachelors degree (Applicants which have master degree are not eligible for scholarship)
- KNB scholarship candidate is also required to IELTS or TOEFL or English proficiency certificate
- A study plan, research proposal, statement of purpose (letter of intent) or motivation letter may also be attached with KNB scholarship application for maximize the chances of selection.
- Applicants KNB Scholarship must completely fill the application form which is available online.
- Successful applicants of KNB Scholarship must sign the Scholarship Agreement and Statement Letter which is prepared by the KNB Scholarship management before departure to Indonesia.
How to Apply for Kemitraan Negara Berkembang KNB Scholarship?
International students are required to submit an online application for Kemitraan Negara Berkembang KNB Scholarship where they are required to fill in the basic details and attach all the below listed documents:
- The letter of recommendation from candidate’s origin country’s embassy.
- Nomination letter by the embassy at your country or by the ministry of education of your country.
- In total, two academic original recommendation letters specifically written by your teachers for KNB scholarship.
- Foreigner’s medical examination form officially stamped by medical incharge from the government’s designated hospital.
- The clear scanned copy of your photo side of your passport information page
- Invitation letter for KNB Scholarship
The deadline for the Indonesian Government Kemitraan Negara Berkembang Scholarship which is also known as KNB Scholarship 2019 is April 12th, 2019.