Among top destinations around the world, Australia is one of the top countries that is famous because of its high education standards. Research outcomes from Australian universities are pretty impressive and huge in number. It is now a top wish for international students to study on Australian Scholarships such as Australian Awards Scholarship (AAS) in Australian Universities.
Why Study in Australia?
Australia is one of the best countries in the world as far as pursuing education is concerned. Well-known for Koalas, Kangaroos, and Surfing, the destination covers an area of 7.69 million square kilometers and is considered as the 6th largest country of the globe. The country is also considered by many as the global leader in education. There are around 1100 educational institutions in Australia where 22,000 different courses are offered to the students. You will be amazed to know the fact that 7 of the best universities of the globe exist in Australia. The University system in Australia is ranked 8th in the world.
Educational Expense in Australia
Since Australia is a popular destination of the world in terms of education hence the environment is very competitive here as far as applying for scholarships goes. The overall cost of your education is very much dependent upon the educational degree which you are pursuing and the duration of the entire program. The expected cost of some of the educational programs is as follows:
- The cost of an English Language course is $300/week.
- The cost of vocational training is $4,000- $22,000.
- The fee for a bachelor program can be as low as $10,000 (a year) and can go as high as $33,000 (a year). The cost can go much higher if you are studying in a private institute or university.
- The cost of a master’s program is $20,000 to $37,000 (Annually).
- PhD program can cost you $14,000 to $37,000
Cost of Living in Australia
To get the student visa you need to pay around $18,610 to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. The cost of your living is very much linked to the city or town you will be residing in. In the majority of the cases, the urban centers of the city have a higher cost of accommodation associated with them. Moreover, the type of accommodation is also very important. The cost of living in a Guesthouse or Hostel is $80-$135 (a week). As opposed to it, the expense of an on-campus accommodation is $70 -$250. There are other options as well such as rental (($100 – $400 per week) and homestay ($110 – $270 per week). The list of some other expenses is as follows
- The cost of entertainment is $50 to $100.
- The cost of groceries is $80 to $200.
- The expense of public transport is $10 to $50.
- The cost of electricity and gas is $60 to $100.
- The cost of internet and phone is $20 to $50.
Australian Student VISA Options
If you want to visit Australia for educational purpose then for this you need to obtain a student visa. Some main categories of a student visa are Independent ELICOS, Higher Education, Postgraduate Research, Vocational training, and education. You can get more information on Visa from the official site.