CSC Scholarship in Tsinghua University for 2019 Session is now open. Tsinghua University is accepting applications from CSC Scholarship candidates to apply for Undergrad, Master, and Doctoral programs.
What is CSC Scholarship?
The Government of the People’s Republic of China has established various scholarship programs in order to assist overseas students in their pursuit of education in China. These programs were established as a means to advancing cooperation and understanding as well as to facilitate the flow of knowledge and learning between China and the rest of the world and are known as the Chinese Government Scholarships (CGS).
The (CSC Scholarship) China Scholarship Council is open to overseas degree students at the undergraduate and the graduate levels, as well as visiting and exchange overseas students. The CSC scholarship program offers full and partial scholarships.
Full CSC Scholarship Coverage: A full scholarship would cover the tuition fees of a student, dormitory accommodation on campus/subsidized off-campus accommodation, a monthly stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
Partial CSC Scholarship Coverage: A partial scholarship would only offer one or some of the benefits covered in a full scholarship. These would be as per the specific regulations governing the particular program under which the scholarship has been awarded as well as the stipulations in the Letter of Admission issued to the student by the university.
The scholarship programs are offered at universities designated by the Chinese Scholarship Council (CSC) in a wide array of subjects such as science, arts, engineering, medicine, law, economics, agriculture, and so on. Tsinghua University is one such CSC designated university that offers the CGS to overseas students/researchers.
Benefits of Tsinghua University CSC Scholarship
The benefits to a student opting to pursue a course of study under CSC Scholarship at the Tsinghua University could be listed out as follows;
- A student pursuing his/her Master’s degree will receive free tuition, free accommodation, a monthly stipend of 3000 RMB, and a comprehensive medical insurance.
- A student pursuing his/her Doctorate will receive free tuition, free accommodation, a monthly stipend of RMB 3500, and a comprehensive medical insurance.
Tsinghua University CSC Scholarship Application Channels
An overseas student wishing to apply for a Tsinghua University Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS) has two application channels. One is through the dispatch authorities for overseas education or the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in the student’s home country and the other is through a Chinese university. The student should opt for any one channel to apply for the scholarship as repeated applications through various channels is disallowed and the student’s application is liable to be rejected.
- Applying for the CGS through the dispatch authorities for overseas education or through the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in the home country (recommended):
- A student who qualifies for the CGS should apply to the dispatch authorities in charge of overseas education or to the Chinese Embassy/Consulate located in his/her home country. Contact information for the Chinese Embassies/Consulates in different countries can be obtained from the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China
- The application schedule differs from country to country but is typically in the November – April period. The home country’s Chinese Embassy/Consulate should be contacted for its schedule for receiving applications for the CGS, the eligibility criteria, the documents to be submitted, the procedures involved, agency number the CGS program category, and so on.
- If the home country’s Chinese Embassy/Consulate mandates the Pre-admission Letter, a student can get in touch with the Tsinghua University Graduate Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the telephone no. +86-10-62781380.
- Scholarship winners will be contacted by the home country’s dispatching authorities for overseas education with the final documents for admission.
- Applying for the CGS through Tsinghua University:
- A student who qualifies for the CGS could also apply for it through the Tsinghua University. However, the number of students that the university can recommend for the CGS in a year is limited and subject to the approval of the CSC.
How to Apply for Tsinghua University CSC Scholarship directly via University?
The procedure to be followed by a student to apply for the CSC Scholarship of Tsinghua University is as follows;
- Attempt to obtain a Letter of Acceptance from a professor of Tsinghua. This is not a mandatory requirement and the student can opt out of this step. Motivation Letter is recommended while you send emails to professors to request an acceptance letter.
- Create a user account on the CSC Scholarship program website.
- Fill in the Agency number of Tsinghua University 10003 in CSC Online form
- Opt for the CSC Scholarship B category of the CGS.
- Submit the CGS application form and attach the required documents.
- On the admission portal of Tsinghua University, apply for the Pre-admission letter.
- Await the results on the list of students nominated by the Tsinghua University to receive a CSC Scholarship by Chinese Government Scholarship Council (CGS).
Tsinghua University CSC Scholarship Application Documents
The following documents have to be submitted to the Tsinghua University along with the application for the CGS program.
- A Research Testimonial: Applicants to Doctorate programs have to submit a short testimonial on research work.
- Certificates of Educational Qualifications: A student applying to the Master’s degree program has to submit his/her Bachelor’s degree certificate while those applying to the Doctorate programs have to submit their Master’s degree certificate as well as their Bachelor’s degree certificate, in certain cases. If a student does not graduate before the deadline for submitting applications for CGS, he/she has to provide a certificate from the educational institution where he/she is currently enrolled in, to prove his/her student status. In such cases, a student will then have to submit the degree certificate by the 31st of July.
- Academic Records: Applicants to the Master’s degree program have to submit academic records of their undergraduate years of study. Those applying to the Doctorate programs have to submit the academic records of their graduate years of study. Some doctorate programs require an applicant to submit records of his/her undergraduate years of study as well.
- The HSK score and certificate where the applicant is applying to programs in the Chinese language unless waived by the concerned department.
- TOEFL/IELTS/Any other English proficiency certificate.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: The applicant has to submit two letters of recommendation from academics holding posts of associate professors or higher in the same or related academic disciplines. Instructions for submitting the letters of recommendation online should be followed.
- Physical Examination form of foreigners for Chinese Scholarship
- An impressive research plan and state clear reasons that why you want to chose a Chinese University for your next degree? Master degree students can write a Study Plan for CSC Scholarship. The Study plan eassy and Study plan writing skills were also published for you to look at.
- Personal Information and Passport Details: Article 3 of the Nationality Law of The People’s Republic of China states that any person who was initially a Chinese national and then later obtained a foreign citizenship, has to provide officials with a Certificate of Cancellation of Chinese Household registration.
Tsinghua University CSC Scholarship Application Process
An application for CGS through the Tsinghua University is processed in the following manner;
- An application for any of the Tsinghua University’s full-time graduate courses is submitted and a Pre-admission letter is obtained from the university.
- The university receives recommendations for CGS contenders from Department/School.
- Once informed by the department/school (typically between March and April), the student should submit an application to the CGS online at the CSC website.
- The Tsinghua University decides on a CGS candidate on the basis of recommendations of Departments/Schools, typically between May and June, subject to notice from the CSC. The university’s nominees are intimated to the CSC.
- The application process for the CGS program through Tsinghua University is done online and applicants do not have to mail any documents to the university unless specifically asked to do so.
Tsinghua University CSC Scholarship Degree Programs
A comprehensive list of the Master’s and Doctorate degree programs offered by the Tsinghua University for overseas students can be obtained online from this link; Doctoral & Master Degree Programs of Tsinghua University. For a list of the undergraduate programs use this link; Undergrad Degree programs
Inquiries: Email: email@example.com
The application fee for Tsinghua University CSC Scholarship is 800 RMB (Around $110).
The deadline for submission of Tsinghua University CSC Scholarship application is April 31.