Winning a scholarship is not an easy task and this is why you will need all the help that you can get. One of the wisest things that international students can do is to prepare their applications ahead of time so that they can have an edge over their competitors. If you are planning to apply for an international scholarship program in 2020 but you are still undecided, then you may want to check out the University of Sussex Chancellor’s International Scholarship Program. The scholarships offered by this program are available in almost all Sussex Schools and they are given out based on academic performance to students who are interested in getting their Master’s Degrees.
Accepted Fields/Levels of Study:
Taught full-time Masters programs offered at the University of Sussex Schools EXCEPT the following:
- Postgraduate diplomas (including CPE Common Professional Examination)
- Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar)
- Development Studies MA
- Early Years in Education MA
- Globalization, Business and Development MA
- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- Poverty and Development MA
- Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a NHS bursary)
- PGCE courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- Any Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding are not eligible)
- Any Masters at Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
University of Sussex Chancellor’s International Scholarship Program: Benefits
The University of Sussex Chancellor’s International Scholarship Program offers a total of 25 scholarship positions that are targeting non-UK/EU international students. The scholarship covers 50% off international student fees. In addition, the scholarships are offered for a one-year period.
University of Sussex Chancellor’s International Scholarship Program: Criteria
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be classified as overseas for fee purposes.
- have accepted a place on a full-time eligible Masters, commencing at the University of Sussex in September 2020.
- have excellent grades (UK first class or equivalent)
- have clear and specific goals with defined links to your course.
As there are limited scholarships available, this scholarship is extremely competitive (for 2019 entry, the University received more than 1,000 applications for only 25 awards).
Official Letter and Deadline
We are advising all international students who are interested in the scholarship program to CLICK HERE and access the official website where they can find out additional information. The course starts in September 2020 and the deadline for the scholarship program is 1 May 2020.