Doctoral Dissertation scholarship program
If you are looking for a scholarship program that can help you complete your doctoral degree, then we have some great news.The Social Science Research Council offers up to 37 awards that promote next-generation social science research in Uganda, Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, Tanzania, and Nigeria.
Futhermore, the 37 awards are given across all three pre-doctoral fellowship opportunities and they are eligible in a total of six countries. Those are Sub-Saharan Countries.
Moreover, what’s amazing about this fellowship program is that it offers two workshops each year. The workshops are designed to help students develop their skills in research, literature, and more importantly, in fieldwork. Certainly, the workshops take place in July and January.
Doctoral Dissertation Research Fellowship in Africa: Benefits
The selected candidates will be provided with the following benefits:
- The doctoral dissertation research fellowship provides fellowships up to US$15,000.
- The Dissertation Research fellowship award will cover fellows’ travel, research, and living expenses (only if it is related to university-approved housing/living arrangements. Otherwise, it should be related to the following: food, transportation, utilities, and welfare) for up to twelve months of research.
Doctoral Dissertation Research Fellowship in Africa: Criteria
Applicants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Be citizens of any sub-Saharan African country
- Hold a master’s degree at the time of application
- Be enrolled and working towards a Ph.D. in an accredited university, or affiliated to an institution.
- Have a fully developed doctoral dissertation research proposal approved by a graduate school/program at an accredited university.
The Theme of the Doctoral Dissertation Research
Interested students should know that the fellowship program focuses on peace, security and development. The fellowship program has been specially designed to promote and encourage innovative research on the aforementioned topics and the strongest projects will explore elements of governance, civil society, human rights, rule of law and peace building mechanisms/institutions.
The eligible fields for the fellowship program are anthropology, economics, history, geography, political science, psychology, and sociology. In addition, PhD from the following fields can apply for the fellowship program communications, international relations, law, peace studies or even the humanities, provided that the applicant engages social science literature and uses social science research methodologies.
Official Letter and Deadline
Lastly, We are advising all students who are interested in the fellowship program to CLICK HERE and access the official website of the fellowship program.
Students can find out additional information and even submit their online application. The deadline is January 11, 2020.