The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation or MAECI for short is offering grants in favor of foreign citizens who are not living in Italy and to Italian citizens living abroad (IRE) for the academic year 2019-2020 in order to foster international cultural and scientific and technological cooperation which promotes the Italian language and culture at the same time. This academic project is designed to support Italy’s economic system in the world According to Law 288/55 and its subsequent changes and additions.
The grants are exclusive to students who are interested in attending courses in Italy. Here is a full list of the foreign countries which are eligible for the grants. Nonetheless, this is a great opportunity for foreign citizens and Italian citizens who are living abroad to expand their knowledge while getting to visit a country that has a rich history and tradition.
Italian Government Scholarships for International Students Benefits:
- Grantees may be exempted from the payment of enrollment and tuition fees depending on the policy of each University. Exemptions are not granted for courses in Italian language and culture, for which enrollment fees are due.
- The MAECI is offering a full health and medical/accident insurance for the entire duration of the grant. Insurance coverage is not applying to events that occurred due to pre-existing physical and pathological conditions.
- All grantees will receive a 900 Euros monthly allowance on a quarterly basis. The allowance is going to be transferred to their own Italian bank account. The first installment of the grant can only be received after completing the University enrollment and the submission of all required documents. The last installment will be paid after it is verified that the grantees have satisfactory academic progress.
Italian Government Scholarships for International Students Criteria:
- All applications must be only submitted by foreign students who are not currently residing in Italy and by Italian citizens living abroad (IRE).
- All applications for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/Italian Language and Culture Courses should not be over 28 years old by the deadline of this call (May 30th, 2019). The only exception are renewals. Applicants who are interested in the Research Projects under academic supervision should not be over 40 years old by the deadline of this call (May 30th, 2019).
- All applications are required to enroll in an Italian-taught course and then to provide a certificate of their proficiency in the Italian language. In addition, the minimum level that is required for the program is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
How to Apply for the Italian Government Scholarships for International Students?
Now that we presented the criteria for enrolling in the program offered by the Italian Government for International Students, let’s go ahead and see what interested students need to do in order to apply. The first step is to submit the online application form which is available by clicking on this link. All applications need to be submitted by 2 pm C.E.T. May 30th, 2019. All applications submitted after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Italian Government Scholarships for International Students Opening and Closing Dates:
All foreign students and Italian students who are living abroad will be awarded for a period of study from January 1st, 2020 to October 31st, 2020. Students who are interested only in renewals will be awarded for a period of study from November 1st, 2019 to October 31st, 2020.
Official Call Letter
Interested readers should check out the official call letter by clicking here and getting additional information.