Lenovo is one of the world’s biggest tech companies and it prides itself in the fact that its vision is powered by forward thinkers and innovators who live in more than 160 countries. Lenovo’s primary goal has always been to reimagine technology and to solve tough global challenges in hopes of making the world a better place. This is why Lenovo deemed that the One Young World event which promotes and connects the world’s brightest young leaders for the sole purpose of creating a better world is the perfect opportunity to offer a fully-funded scholarship to one young innovator.
The One Young World Summit 2019 is being held in London and it takes place from 22 to 25 October. The applicant who gets accepted into the Lenovo scholarship will get the opportunity to join more than 2,000 other young leaders who come from 190+ countries and they will exchange ideas, knowledge and gather more information at workshops, panels and speeches for a period of four days. In addition, the scholarship recipient will be able to apply to give a keynote speech.
Lenovo One Young World Summit 2019 Benefits:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, United Kingdom;
- The cost of travel to and from London (economy flights only);
- Hotel accommodation in a single room from 22-25 October inclusive;
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, during these days;
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue;
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
Lenovo One Young World Summit 2019 Criteria:
- Aged 18 – 30;
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship;
- If you are to receive this scholarship, you agree to participate in interviews and articles that will be published by Lenovo;
- Evidenced delivery of social impact;
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership;
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative results;
- One Young World will actively seek and prioritize applicants who apply technology to drive progress on the Sustainable Development Goals.
How to Apply and the Deadline
The application deadline is 20 May 2019 and everyone who wants to apply for the scholarship needs to fill in the online form by clicking on this link. In addition, interested applicants can find guidelines for the scholarship here.