The aim of the National University of Singapore (NUS) Scholarship is to encourage the talented students around the globe to continue their studies in national university Singapore. Which in turn creates better relationships between the Local and international students in the country and specifically in the university. NUS offers scholarships both for the Local and overseas candidates who want to continue their phd in National university of singapore.
NUS Scholarship Details
NUS scholarship will provide a monthly stipend for 4 years of PHD are as follows:
- $3000 for international student
- $3200 for singaporian permanent residents
- $ 3500 for Singaporean Citizens plus central provident fund
Eligibility criteria for NUS Singapore Scholarships
- Master degree holders who are keen to pursue their PHD degrees in National university of Singapore.
- Candidates with a strong interest of research in any of these fields science, engineering, computing, and similar fields of medicine.
- The condidates should have required GRE score, it is compulsory for NUS fellowships
- Toefel, ielts or Medium of instruction any one of these can be used.
Documents required for NUS Singapore Fellowships
- Candidates should write a statement of purpose to let university know why you are taking interest in this scholarship and major you are applying for.
- It is very compulsory to complete a research proposal scholarship minimum 800 words before applying for the If you have any publication please submit a copy of each publication.
- You should have an officially sealed transcript from your previous university.
- GRE is compulsory for the international students and it is optional for the local students
- Two letter of recommendation from your previous professors.
Step By step procedure
- Make an account in the online application form of the university website.
- Use email and password to fill the the application form for the NUS Fellowships
- If you are interest in more than one program, you can choose multiple PHD programs that come under different departments in NUS. It is necessary to make a different set for each program you are applying for.
- Personal Information : It is very compulsory to complete this section , international candidates can skip the field like “Pass Type”, Pass Expiry Date” and “Pass Number” But this part should be filled by the local candidates.
- You must provide Two personal contact numbers and one mailing address that you are using currently.
- After personal information you need to select manage applications and then click on add new application: You will see faculty and related field in this part.
- Faculty: Please make sure you selected the NUS graduate school for integrative sciences and engineering.
- Funding Source: Please select NGS scholarship scheme or A *Star graduate Fellowship/Scholarship
- Supervisor: Please select a supervisor according to your field of interest. You can choose online or you can also write in hard copies while sending your hardcopies to the host university.
- Please carefully select the program and department you are applying for. It is very important while filling the application online.
- Complete all your required documents. Make a Single PDF of all the documents and send it to the official email address: email@example.com
- Also submit application online and then you need to print all documents and application form and send it to the university
- You also need to submit $50 application fee and here you can visit official portal to apply..
- Last date of the application is 15th May.