The Hubert Fellowship program gives an opportunity for the working and experienced professionals one-year professional grooming in the United states. The Humphrey fellowship provides almost a year of study for non-degree programs for the experienced professionals of developing countries. Candidates who are strong will power to serve their home country in public sector or private sector will be nominated for the Humphry fellowship program. The aim of This scholarship is to create mutual understanding and mutual exchange of knowledge related to the common issues in united states and in their home country. This is one of the best opportunities where candidates will be given valuable opportunities for their leadership enhancement and professional grooming with native Americans and other countries. About 200 fellowships are offered annually from different parts of the world.
Eligibilities for Hubert Humphrey Fellowship
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree
- Applicants should have minimum of five years of experience
- Applicant should not have availed any scholarship in the USA before
- Should possess good leadership qualities
- Should have worked for social services
- A proof of English proficiency.
How to Apply for Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program the USA
- Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship will cover all the expenses of travel from your home country to the United states and from the United States to the home countries.
- It covers all the academic expenses including fee, Stationary, dormitory and other academic related expenses
- It will provide a monthly stipend for the food and clothes and other related stuff
- Hubert H. program will be all the medical expenses including the accidents if any in the USA.
- One time settling allowance and maintenance allowance monthly.
- Professional development subsidy like trips, academic tours, cultural programs etc.
- Before the beginning of the course, a pre-academic English language course will be conducted if required.
Step by Step Process for USA Fellowship Program
- Please consult US embassies in your home countries. Consultants and embassies will review the application applied and will call the selected candidates for interview.
- Commissions and embassies from home countries will forward the application after conducting interviews. Then the Institute of International Education will screen the applications forwarded by the US embassies from different countries.
- Then Third screening process is done by the candidate review committee convened in Washington DC in December.
- Williams Fulbright Foreign scholarship board (FSB) has the authority to select the final candidates.
- After the final result announces from the FSB the Institute of international education places the nominated candidates in different US universities to host Humphry Fellowships. The Universities are selected according to the applicant’s field of interest.
Programs Offered by Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowships
- Sustainable development:
Finance and banking, Economic development, Natural resources, environmental policy and climate change, Agriculture and rural development, Urban and regional planning.
Teaching of English as a foreign language, Educational administration, planning and policy, Higher education commission
- Democratic Institution and Building
Law and Human rights, Trafficking in person’s policy and prevention, Public policy analysis and public administration, Human Resource management, Technology, and management
- Public Health
HIV/AIDS policy and prevention, substance abuse education, treatment and prevention
- Public health policy and management
Eligible Countries: Opens for all
Last date: October 1, Apply for Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship