If there is something that everyone knows about US universities, then it has to be the fact that they are not cheap. To make things even worse, international students don’t get to benefit from the same number of scholarships as US residents do and this makes it even more difficult to visit the US and to expand your academic knowledge while there. Fortunately, here is where the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship comes in. Starting this Fall, participating colleges and universities will offer two annual and renewable scholarships that will cover a minimum of 50% tuition for international undergraduates.
The of this scholarship is to strengthen the message of #YouAreWelcomeHere and to also create a globally recognized scholarship program for international students who want to learn at US colleges and universities. Nonetheless, the 2019 Fall #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship edition has now open its application from.
Fall 2019 #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship Criteria:
- First-year international applicants of any major to a participating college or university. International applicants are individuals who hold citizenship in a country outside the U.S. and who don’t also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- Graduation from or attendance at a secondary school outside the U.S.
- Demonstrated interest and initiative in promoting intercultural learning and exchange.
- Applicants who meet the admission criteria and adhere to the deadlines at each selected college or university. Details will vary from school to school.
- Completion of a scholarship application and a 500-1000 word essay or a two-to-five minute video* describing their aspirations to conduct projects, research, employment or other experiences that will advance intercultural learning.
When is the Deadline?
All international students who are interested in applying for the Fall 2019 #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship should know that there is no deadline for this application since it varies by college or university. Therefore, all applicants are advised to check in with the college or university that interests them and ask about additional details.
Participating Colleges and Universities
As previously mentioned, there are multiple colleges and universities that are taking part in the Fall 2019 #YouAreWelcomeHere. This means that interested applicants can pick and choose from a multitude of institutions and find the one that suits their needs the best. A list with every participant colleges and universities can be found HERE.
One of the most frequently asked question when it comes to the Fall #YouAreWelcomeHere 2019 Scholarship is what documents should the international students submit with their applications. This is why we are going to answer that question below.
The following documents are necessary for completing your application:
- Official high school and/or university transcripts with English translations: Your application needs to include official and original academic records from all secondary schools, colleges and universities you have attended.
- Standardized tests
- Freshman applicants: All first-year applicants applying for direction admission are required to submit the results of at least one of the following tests: SAT, ACT, TOEFL iBT, IELTS or PTE. For other admission options, see the International Students page.
- Transfer applicants: Transfer students should submit either the TOEFL iBT, IELTS or PTE unless they meet one of the following exemptions:
- successful completion of English composition classes at a U.S.-accredited college or university or
- English being the applicant’s native language.
Once these documents have been submitted, they become property of Temple University, and we cannot return them to you. If you prefer to retain your original documents, you can submit notarized copies. Provide documents in your native language, with a version translated into English.
Frequently Asked Questions and Official Letter
International students who are interested to find out more FAQs and additional information about how to submit an application for the scholarship need to click HERE.