Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson is one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturing company and it was founded back in 1886. This company has a long history and the folks who are in charge of Johnson & Johnson are always looking to give back to the world and help young people by offering fully-funded scholarships. The latest scholarship comes from Johnson & Johnson with One Young World and through their collaboration, they are offering the opportunity to 12 young health leaders across the globe to take part in the 2019 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program and benefit from fully-funded scholarships.
We should note that applicants who are accepted in the scholarship program will also benefit from individual coaching from senior Johnson & Johnson executives that will help them come up with strategies and initiatives to chase their goals. Not just that, but the accepted 2019 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program applicants will receive help from a team of 2019 J&J delegates over the course of a six-month program where students are encouraged to exchange their skills and knowledge in order to grow.
2019 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program Benefits:
Access to the 2019 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program
- Attendance at the J&J OYW Program debrief session & lunch on 26 October;
- Attendance at the J&J OYW Program pre-workshop and dinner on 21 October 2019;
- Accepted applicants will receive direct coaching from senior Johnson & Johnson senior executives;
- The chance to participate in the interactive webinars and conference calls that take place all throughout the program;
- A six-month buddy program where students get the chance to share and expand their knowledge at the same time.
Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London
- The cost of travel to and from London (only for economy flights);
- Hotel accommodation from 21-25 October (single room bedrooms);
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue;
- Support materials and hand-outs;
- Catering during 21-25 October (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
2019 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program Criteria:
- Applicants must be working on the front lines of delivering care and dedicated to health and caregiving to underserved populations and communities. Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- You can be a nurse, midwife, community health worker, a doctor, a social entrepreneur, a digital health expert, or working for a social enterprise, medical facility and/or a nongovernmental organization.
- If selected, Health Care Professionals classified as Government Officials within their home country will need approval from their employer and may be required to undergo an additional health care compliance approval process by Johnson & Johnson before their scholarship can be confirmed.
Who Should Apply? (Selection Criteria)
Now that we went over the eligibility criteria for 2019 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program, let’s go ahead and check out which are the selection criteria that applicants need to have in order to be accepted.
- Important: Selected scholars must be available to commit 10% of their time to the program, over the 6-month program period (September 2019 – February 2020);
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership;
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change;
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues;
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative idea;
- Interest and engagement in sharing and learning from others;
- Skills: enthusiastic, pro-active, creative, eager to improve, not afraid to change the status quo, team player, good communicator, and project management.
When is the Deadline?
The application deadline is on 6 May 2019. Therefore, we are advising all young people who are interested in these fully founded scholarships to apply as soon as possible. In addition, everyone can fill in the online application form by going to One Young World website.