The Rhodes Scholarships are awarded in 20 constituencies which represent more than 60 different countries. The association is now offering two Rhodes Global Scholarships to young students who prove to be outstanding leaders who are ready to change the world and promote peace. The two scholarships are hosted at the Oxford University in the United Kingdom and they are targeting students who are not from existing Rhodes constituencies. With that said, today we are going to take a look at the benefits that winning one of the scholarships brings and what are the criteria that applicants need to meet.
Rhodes Global Scholarships in Oxford University, UK Benefits:
The Rhodes Global Scholarships covers the following costs:
- All University and College fees;
- The University application fee;
- A living stipend (£15,144 per annum 2018-19);
- One economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
The duration of the Scholarship is two years and students need to have satisfactory academic performances and personal conduct. In addition, the Scholarship can be extended to the third year for the students who take a recognized route to DPhil (Ph.D.).
Rhodes Global Scholarships in Oxford University, UK Criteria:
- Nationality/citizenship: Eligibility to any other Rhodes Scholarship renders you ineligible to apply for a Global Scholarship, i.e. if you are eligible to apply via any existing Rhodes Constituency, you must apply there. Please also see the information online regarding inter-jurisdictional consideration – it may be in your interest to pursue that route rather than to apply for a Global Scholarship, which will likely be the most competitive Scholarships offered by the Rhodes Trust.
- You must have reached your 19th and not have passed your 25th birthday on 1 October 2020, which means you must have been born after 30 September 1995 and on or before 1 October 2001.
- You must have completed (or will have completed by June / July 2020) an undergraduate degree with a First Class or minimum GPA minimum of 3.70 out of 4.0 (or equivalent). Please note carefully the requirements for your chosen course at Oxford, which may be higher still. Successful candidates typically feature within the top few ranks of their graduating classes.
- You must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford.
The Deadline and Official Letter
The applications are opening on June 1st, 2019 and the deadline is 31st July, 2019. This means that all young students who are interested in the Rhodes Global Scholarships have one month at their disposal to apply. Everyone who wants to apply will need to do it on the OFFICIAL WEBSITE.
1 thought on “Scholarships in Oxford University – All Costs Covered!”
I want to take admission in turkey university plz hwlp me ..its y dream .i am from pakistan.plxx help me..