If you are looking for a fully-funded scholarship in Pakistan, then you have arrived at the right website. The International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences or ICCBS for short which is comprised by the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Centre for Molecular and Drug Research in Karachi, Pakistan alongside the TWAS offer a fully-funded scholarship for young scientists who live in developing countries (outside of Pakistan) and who are interested in expanding their academical knowledge in order to achieve a PhD in chemical and biological sciences.
The ICCBS is the ideal place for all young scientists because it is renowned for its scientific research program and the high-level training that it offers to scientists who are in pursuit of a PhD. What makes the ICCBS stand out is the fact that it all started through support from the private sector as a way to give back to the community and it is sustained by government grants.
TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme in 2019 Benefits:
- The ICCBS is going to provide young scientists with a monthly stipend that will cover all their living costs which includes accommodation, local transport, food and even health issues.
TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme in 2019 Criteria:
- be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- hold a Master’s degree in a field of natural sciences;
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (see sample);
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from the supervisor or head of department at ICCBS. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Director of ICCBS (Prof. M.I. Choudhary at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Prof. Choudhary, applicants must accompany their request for a preliminary acceptance letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline and two reference letters;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
Deadline and Submitting Application Guidelines
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 July 2019.
- Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from ICCBS when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and SIGNED.
- Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes. One exception: The head of an institution who invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programmes may still apply for another programme.
- Applications can only be accepted via the online portal using the apply now button at the bottom of this page. A tutorial on how to use the online application form is available below for download.
We are advising all young scientists who are interested in accessing this scholarship to click HERE and access the official website for the scholarship.