- What is the Chinese Government Scholarship?
- 15 Steps to apply for the CSC Scholarship?
- -Documents Required for CSC Scholarship Application?
- List of Chinese Universities offering CSC Scholarships
- How much does it cost to study in China?
- Is IELTS required for CSC Scholarship?
- CSC Scholarships Applicant Deadline
- How much does food cost in China?
- Can an international student work in China?
- MBBS in China
Last Updated on February 21, 2021
CSC Scholarships 2021 (also called Chinese Government Scholarships) are now open for Bachelor, Master or doctoral (Ph.D.) degree courses in various disciplines taught in English & Chinese language in Chinese Universities. CSC Scholarships are offered in over 243 Chinese Universities every year.
An online application for CSC Scholarships/ Chinese Government Scholarship is a mandatory requirement. Whereas, an applicant of the CSC Scholarship is also required to submit another University admission application to the university.
After that, the Chinese Government Scholarship applicant has to submit both the CSC Scholarship application form and University admission form directly to the University to process the application.
CSC Scholarships | Chinese Government Scholarship – Benefits:
- Undergrad Program CSC Scholarship: CNY 2500 RMB Monthly Stipend, free tuition, and free accommodation
- Master Program Students CSC Scholarship: CNY 3000 RMB Monthly Stipend, free tuition, and free room
- Doctoral Program Students CSC Scholarship: CNY 3500 RMB Monthly Stipend, free tuition, and free room
What is a Chinese Government Scholarship? (CSC Scholarship)
Chinese Government Scholarships initiative was taken by the Chinese Government to promote education, culture, trade, exchanges in education and politics, cooperation, and mutual understanding between other countries and China.
Every year, Chinese Universities are awarding Chinese Government Scholarships such as CSC Scholarships, Confucius Institute scholarships, CAS-TWAS Scholarships, Chinese Provincial Government Scholarships and many more scholarships to international students.
- Which Chinese government scholarships are currently open?
- Where is the list of Chinese Universities offering CSC Scholarship?
- Where can I find the Chinese Universities without application fee for CSC Scholarship?
- Can you apply for CSC Scholarship in more than one University?
- How to book an appointment for Chinese Student VISA?
- The sample of Email to send to professors for an acceptance letter
- Research proposal for CSC Scholarship samples
- Shopping List for Students and Foreign Travellers
Step by step application procedure to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship is explained here:
How to apply for the CSC Scholarship | Chinese Government Scholarship?
While applying for a CSC Scholarship/ Chinese Government Scholarship, please keep in mind that an acceptance letter or an invitation letter from a professor of Chinese University is optional. Candidates of Chinese Government Scholarship may follow the following steps to submit a CSC Scholarship application:
15 Simple steps to apply for CSC Scholarship | Chinese Government Scholarship in a Chinese University:
- Find Chinese University offering CSC Scholarships
- Find the CSC Scholarship webpage of University
- Create an account on the China Scholarship Council website
- Fill CSC Scholarship/ Chinese Government Scholarship Online application form
- Select category B for CSC Scholarship
- Select University name and fill agency number of university
- Submit the CSC Scholarship/ Chinese Government Scholarship form and download pdf
- Attach all required documents with CSC scholarship pdf form
- Check if University require separate admission application or not
- If admission application required then fill University form and download
- Check if University require an application fee or not
- Submit application fee (if required)
- Attach admission application, documents & CSC Scholarship pdf form
- Make two sets and send on University address
- Wait for CSC Scholarship Results
Following two steps will guide you in detail on how to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship:
Step #1: Fill the CSC/ Chinese Government Scholarship Online Application Form:
- Create your profile and CSC scholarship web account
- Fill CSC Scholarship Online Application Form
- Make separate CSC portal accounts if you wish to apply to more than one University
- Find the agency number of Chinese university where you want to study
- Insert agency number of your Chinese University in CSC Scholarships online application form
- Select the type of the CSC Scholarship award which you want and select ‘category B’
- Fill your credentials and desired degree course you want in China
- Submit your CSC Scholarship/ Chinese Government Scholarship online application
- Download CSC Scholarships – Chinese Government Scholarship online application form
Step #2: How to submit the CSC/ Chinese Government Scholarship application to the University?
- Find out if that Chinese University requires an online application for admission alongside with CSC Scholarship/ Chinese Government Scholarship application or not
- If an online admission application is not required by the university then you need to submit CSC – Chinese Government Scholarship online application form only and send your documents to the university
- If they want you to submit an online application for admission to that particular Chinese University, then apply online first on their website and attach your CSC Scholarship/ Chinese Government Scholarship form in online application system of that University
- Fill rest of the admission form and CSC scholarship sponsorship form at that particular University site and review your application before submission
- Submit your application and make 2 sets of documents and dispatch it to the University address
Documents Required for CSC Scholarship | Chinese Government Scholarship Application
- Please make sure if you can furnish attested copies of degree and transcripts for CSC Scholarships/ Chinese Government Scholarship application submission
- Ask two of your teachers to give you a favor by writing recommendation letters for you for CSC Scholarship/ Chinese Government Scholarship application
- Acceptance letter (Consent Letter) from a professor of Chinese University is optional. Motivation Letter is recommended while you send emails to professors to request an acceptance letter.
- IELTS certificate or HSK award letter if you have (Both optional), you can also provide a simple certificate stating that your last degree was taught in the English language. It is called English Proficiency certificate, that is available from your university
- Schedule an appointment with your doctor to carry out complete medical examination for CSC Scholarship/ Chinese Government Scholarship and then ask your doctor to sign and stamp the form
- Write a detailed and impressive research plan and state clear reasons that why you want to chose a Chinese University for your next degree? Master’s degree students can write a Study Plan for CSC Scholarship/ Chinese Government Scholarship. The Study plan essay and Study plan writing skills were also published for you to look at. You may also wish to read how to write a well-researched research proposal to convince the scholarship awarding committee.
- Apply for a passport if you don’t have it now and make sure you have it at the time of submission of your CSC Scholarship/ Chinese Government Scholarship application
- If any particular Chinese University requires an application screening or an application process fee then submit it. Print its receipt and attach it to the two sets of your documents listed above
- It is advised to choose a reliable courier service to send your CSC scholarship application documents directly to the address of that Chinese University.
- The Chinese Government Scholarships sponsors international students once a year in all Chinese Universities
- You can keep in mind that the deadline for Chinese Scholarship (CSC) varies in all Chinese Universities. So, you need to check with your University for the deadline of the CSC/ Chinese Government Scholarship. For example, ZHEJIANG University’s deadline for the scholarship is here
- If you win the CSC/ Chinese Government Scholarship then the next step will be to receive admission and Chinese Student VISA documents on your residential address.
- Now, you have to make an appointment to visit the Chinese Embassy to apply for a Chinese VISA.
List of Chinese Universities offering CSC Scholarships | Chinese Government Scholarships Sponsored by China Scholarship Council:
- SJTU Chinese Government CSC Scholarship
- Tsinghua University CSC Scholarship
- Shandong Government Scholarship
- Tianjin University CSC Scholarship China
- Beihang University CSC Scholarship China
- Beijing Institute of Technology CSC Scholarship China
- Chongqing University CSC Scholarship China
- Wuhan University CSC Scholarship China
- Jiangsu University CSC Scholarship China
- Jiangsu University Presidential Scholarship
- Jiangsu University USA Culture Exchange Scholarship
- Jiangsu University Belt & Road initiative Scholarship
- Dalian University CSC Scholarship China
- Confucius Scholarship China
- Hebei University CSC Scholarship China
- Belt and Road Initiative Scholarship China
- Donghua University CSC Scholarship
- Donghua University Shanghai Government Scholarship
- Other 243 Chinese Universities offering CSC Scholarships
Student’s Guide to Study in China
A student’s guide to Study in China is brought to you by scholarship fellow team to give you an idea of the Chinese Education system and the cost of living in China for a student as well as some insights on career options in China for international students.
The study in China guide enables you to find out fully-funded Chinese Scholarships and self-sponsored courses in more than 243 Chinese Universities to begin your journey to study in China.
China, the country with beautiful landscapes, brilliant civilizations, and ancient history offers an affordable study for students from all over the world.
Over the last few years, China has been concentrating and investing considerably in the education sector. Due to their alliance or partnership with the universities from the U.S and UK, the number of international students studying in China is rising enormously.
This is why the Chinese Government is offering a numerous number of fully-funded scholarships to attract International talent into their Universities and this is why it can be considered that it is quite affordable for international students to study in China. It must be noted that it is moderately difficult to get fully funded scholarships in top universities of China.
How much does it cost to study in China?
Application Fee in Chinese Universities: Application fee for different degrees varies in different universities and will be around 90 to 150 USD. Normally, this does not exceed 200USD.
Some Chinese universities do not charge an application fee and the list of Chinese Universities without application fee was published that features all the universities without the application fee for CSC Scholarship – Chinese Government Scholarship.
Tuition Fee in Chinese Universities: Compared to the universities of the US and UK, the tuition fee of Chinese Universities is quite low.
Depending on the subjects and the rankings of Chinese universities, the expected average tuition fee per year will be around 20000 RMB to 60,000 RMB (3300USD to 9900USD). However, engineering, business, and medicine programs will cost more if you are not on a fully-funded CSC Scholarship/ Chinese Government Scholarship.
So, the cost of education is quite reasonable if you wish to study in China.
Is IELTS required for CSC Scholarship | Chinese Government Scholarship?
No, IELTS is not required for the Chinese Government Scholarship. Applicants can submit an English Proficiency Certificate which is considered as an alternate of IELTS to apply for CSC Scholarship/ Chinese Government Scholarship.
What is the English Proficiency Certificate?
English proficiency certificate is a document that certifies that your latest course degree was taught in the English language in your last attended college or University.
How to obtain an English Proficiency Certificate?
An applicant of the CSC Scholarship can visit the registrar office of the last attended University to ask for English Proficiency Certificate that certifies that the last attended degree was taught in the English language.
Age Requirement for CSC Scholarship | Chinese Government Scholarship for undergrad, Master, and Ph.D. Programs:
- What is the age requirement for the CSC/ Chinese Government Scholarship for a bachelor’s degree?
The maximum age requirement for the undergrad degree program to apply for CSC scholarship is 25 years.
- What is the age requirement for the CSC/ Chinese Government Scholarship for a Master’s degree?
The maximum age requirement for the master’s degree program to apply for CSC scholarship is 35 years.
- What is the age requirement for the CSC/ Chinese Government Scholarship for a Ph.D. program?
The maximum age requirement for Ph.D. (doctoral) program to apply for CSC scholarship is 40 years.
CSC Scholarships | Chinese Government Scholarship Applicant Deadline
The deadline for CSC Scholarships/ Chinese Government Scholarship in all Chinese Universities is prior to April 30th every year.
Questions & Answers for Self Sponsored Students to Study in China
A detailed analysis of Chinese Government Scholarships was discussed on our site where we answered all your questions before and if you still have any issues then post your questions down below. A quick read on the article about the student guide to study in China is highly recommended.